Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:32 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times

Advertisements

I agree with all posts that were ridiculing the movie due to its obvious shortcomings like off-base plot, cheesy acting and corny dialogs (good grief!), instantly self-repairing cars after a collision, extra cute female officer (in US all you see is husky butch-looking ones), etc. but what really killed me was the ambush scene where Vin and his gang took a larger number of mercenaries positioned/taking cover on rooftops! So the larger number on higher ground got beaten by smaller group lower with no cover and weaker weapons! Gald I was not eating pop-corn cause I might have choked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Its crazy how much money it made already.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:19 PM

222 posts, read 419,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Its crazy how much money it made already.
David Letterman: “Top Ten Final Words Of Osama bin Laden”

4. ‘I’m not sure I want to live in a world where ‘Fast Five’ is the No. 1 movie’

Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
I saw the film last night with my girlfriend. I enjoyed the 3 more. They were fun. probably cuz i loved the race scenes. the 4th i thought seemed like a repeat of the 1st but Fast Five was awesome. I loved the race scene with the police cruisers and the seeing Vin Diesel face The Rock was sick. Sadly and if i am spoiling this for people i am sorry but they seriously need to stop making them.... A 6th one?!

Old 05-07-2011, 02:39 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
I went the the theater to see the previous 4, but I'm going to sit this one out. I'll just have to catch it on TV or something.

They're all entertaining movies, but you get tired of seeing the same thing.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:20 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
I watched the first F&F and purposely avoided the other 3 sequels. I only watched this one because the group I was with wanted to see it. It was okay. I liked all of the scenes with The Rock in them . Of course some of it was BS. Not trying to ruin it, but if Vin D and The Rock got into a fight, do you really think Vin D has a chance?

I heard a rumor that The Rock will get a spin-off movie series based on his character in Fast Five.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I watched the first F&F and purposely avoided the other 3 sequels. I only watched this one because the group I was with wanted to see it. It was okay. I liked all of the scenes with The Rock in them . Of course some of it was BS. Not trying to ruin it, but if Vin D and The Rock got into a fight, do you really think Vin D has a chance?

I heard a rumor that The Rock will get a spin-off movie series based on his character in Fast Five.

If I spoil this i am sorry But i do believe that is true. If anyone caught the ending. Letty... Vin Diesel's girlfriend in the series.. survives. Which is totally awkward. personally i think they should be done. Done. Not done and spin off. I am a fan of Vin Diesel on facebook and I believe he did say they were done. So my guess is a spin off.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
there were so many hot guys here till the movie was very attractive, but I liked it. I have seen it about 4 times now and the second time was way better than the first for me. I agree they should not be bringing that chic back now. She's yesterdays story. Another thing I found hard to believe is Vin could take The Rock.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:32 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,918,266 times
A friend invited me to see the movie and I honestly didn't think I was going to enjoy it. I saw the the first two and didn't really care to see the third or 4th. But I have to admit, I did enjoy quite a few scenes in the movie.

I'll give it a 3.0 out of 5.

Oh and the Corvette being driven off the train was ridiculous. But hey, anything can happen when it's a FF movie.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM

26 posts, read 26,216 times
its an amazing movie.....i watched it last night with my friends....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies