Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times

Advertisements

Did anybody see this movie???

I did and it was okay, but I am really starting to dislike these "message" movies that are designed to bring forward cross-cultural issues as if exposing some kind of deep mysterious revelation. I just want entertainment. However, I have a some admiration for T.D. Jakes and that is the reason I went and stayed in my seat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
I haven't seen it yet. My girlfriend said, she enjoyed it.

TD Jakes. Ole TD has had too many Sunday dinners. The message is "gluttony" is a sin. Pastor hasn't met a chicken dinner he didn't like.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:05 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
It looks like a typical black comedy. Corny, uninspiring, and predictable.

No thanks.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:37 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Jumping The Broom was a good movie, I really enjoyed it. It was one of the few movies that dealt with what happens between couples who get married. And it wasn't your stereotypical black comedy film

Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Jumping The Broom was a good movie, I really enjoyed it. It was one of the few movies that dealt with what happens between couples who get married. And it wasn't your stereotypical black comedy film
I agree with u that it was not a "stereotypical..." flick and I am not sure what chicken dinners on Sunday and gluttony has to do with anything either. TD Jakes being in the movie was the best part of it for me. I am just not sure I could identify with the message in the movie, but I am just one person in a big world. I am glad u saw it and enjoyed it. I hope more people will see it your way than any other

Old 05-14-2011, 06:23 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I agree with u that it was not a "stereotypical..." flick and I am not sure what chicken dinners on Sunday and gluttony has to do with anything either. TD Jakes being in the movie was the best part of it for me. I am just not sure I could identify with the message in the movie, but I am just one person in a big world. I am glad u saw it and enjoyed it. I hope more people will see it your way than any other
To each their own. What I got from the movie is that the practice symbolizes a couple jumping into a new stage in life and leaving behind the old. Jason (Laz Alonso) is loyal to his mother but at the same time his 1st priority is his wife. The serious moments in the movie are reflective of issues many couples face prior to and after marriage.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 PM

149 posts, read 270,511 times
I too saw this movie and did not find it to be all that spectacular. I loved the cast and having those characters I did expect a much different plot. I feel there was a little too much going on in the movie as far as the various situations. I understand that families have secrets which are exposed at some of the worst times but I just didn't like how that scene played out. Overall, it just didn't meet my expectations but I did like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies