Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:15 PM

2,499 posts, read 3,249,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin-on-up2011 View Post
lol, well Shia is cute, but that is all. I thought the casting of her didn't really fit. She is very beautiful of course but looked to perfect almost. But I get they were trying to cast opposite of Megan Fox.

Ever notice in movies that they have normal jobs/incomes but wonderful homes that they couldn't afford on their wages..I know..I know...It's just a movie but c'mon now.
Like a place in Malibu on a waitress's wages or a terrific apartment in NYC with no visible means of support (Friends)?
I have a landline with voicemail. And a cell so Im not a total geezer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 08:02 PM

128 posts, read 285,003 times
There are so many movies where this happens. Off the top of my head on movies I've seen lately, well in Transformers 3 for example, he's unemployed looking for a job and lives in a huge condo in DC, yea cheap lol! And in Planet of the Apes, they live in a beautiful San Francisco home. Yes I know he was a scientist or whatnot but his dad was a music teacher. No way he could afford that home. My sisters keeper, yea I know it's a little older, but the dad is a firefighter and they live in a beautiful California home. Um ok.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:21 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I realize though that sometimes a message left on a machine is integral to the storyline.
This article showed the many movies whose plots would not exist today due to changing technology....even as recently as 1984's "The Terminator." (Looks like they left out "Dial M for Murder.")
Where would Alfred Hitchcock be with today's technology? - latimes.com

Old 09-03-2011, 04:30 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
"You've got mail"..how would that work now, in the era of Smartphones? Would Meg just be addicted to her cell phone, always checking it for mail? That is really such a pathetic show...sorry, a smart, bright, career woman, going home each day to check for e mail from a stranger...how pathetic our society is now....really....and reality check....the guy, would have not bothered with all the e mail, he would have been out with babes...

I sort of miss having an answering machine. I never have anything to look forward to now, did he call, didn't he call...nope...he could call all the time...cell phones are hell, really.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:28 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,964,783 times
I keep one around just so I can dub my own version of Georges from Seinfeld

Seinfeld In HD - George's Answering Machine - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies