Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 01:23 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,870,121 times

Advertisements

Here's a new idea for a thread.... write out your idea for a small horror scene. I always think of the most horrible way to make a scene... either psychologically disturbing or just epically violent.

This reminds me of a friend who had a friend who was asked to think of the most violent thing he could ever think of doing to another person. His response was biting someone's teeth out. Haha!

Ok, so in keeping with halloween traditions and since we're movie fanatics, let's keep it interesting by writing our own scene for a horror flick. Get as ridiculous as you can! woohoo....

I'll write out my ideas when I hear back from others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:23 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
On a clear blue day I was walking downt the street, minding my own business. Then as I turned the corner what appeared to me was so revolting, so scary, so freightening that I almost wet my pants.....It was Lindsey Lohan and she was headed to the plastic surgery office on the otherside of the street. I couldn't tell, because starring was hurting my eyes but it looked to me like she was puckering up (like a fish) and I didn't see any underwear lines underneath her skirt. I wasn't exactly sure if it was her or not, but then I was convinced when some little skater boy caught up to her. His name was Sam.

Needless to say, it took a long time to get that picture out of my head. I had nightmare for weeks. But don't fret, I have taken up a higher dose of Ambien and have doubled my weekly psychiatric sessions..I will survive.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-14-2011 at 09:00 AM..

Old 10-14-2011, 01:12 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
A guy and girl went out on a date on the night of a full moon. It was one of the first dates, it started out kind of casual but they ended up deciding to park. They're going at it, listening to the radio when all of the sudden breaking news comes in

"A dangerous lunatic has escaped from the Two Pines Institution for the Criminally Insane."

The story described him as a monster of a man, 6 and a half feet tall 260 lbs. with one horrible distringuishing feature, a sharpened stainless steel hook where his right hand used to be.

That was enough for the guy, he slammed into gear and floored it. He bounced off a tree but didn't lay off the hammer until they guy to the girl's house. He got out of the car and went round to open her door and there hanging from the door handle was a bloody stainless steel hook.

The strangest part is after all this and after the largest manhunt in state history, they never found the lunatic. Some say he is still out there.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:29 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
One thing that has always spooked me:

Laying in bed at night, and from beyond the bedroom door, A shadow peering in.Getting a chill right now picturing this. not kidding

The fear of the unknown. That and waking up realizing you have been Buried alive. Helpless and no chance of rescue. Scary as hell. So any scene incorporating these 2 elements.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:26 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,870,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
One thing that has always spooked me:

Laying in bed at night, and from beyond the bedroom door, A shadow peering in.Getting a chill right now picturing this. not kidding

The fear of the unknown. That and waking up realizing you have been Buried alive. Helpless and no chance of rescue. Scary as hell. So any scene incorporating these 2 elements.
my brother said he encountered something like that when he visited his wife's family in mexico. he was asleep in the living room and the door was opened. he said there was a shadow looking at him, but he felt as if it was inviting him over. he said, he just toughened up and simply ignored it. i told him maybe it was a dream? , but he wasn't buying it. i still think it was just a dream.... sleep paralysis maybe. but either way, it's still pretty scary. i also think the simplest forms of the supernatural or the "unknown" are the most scary.

i wrote a scene once for a script on a short film and it basically starts off with a woman, sarah, admitting herself into a mental health hospital. she's given a room with a roommate who tells her that her friend who is a very tall man visits her at night. Sarah ignores her roommate because she starts thinking that maybe she's crazier than she is. then at night, she's startled from her sleep by her roommate calling her. Sarah turns to see her roommates shadow from the door and she tells her almost whispering, "come here. i'm gonna show you something."

Sarah gets up to follow her. When she opens the door to leave her room, her roommate is not there anymore. She looks down the corridors and its empty with just a gleaming light coming from the nurses office at the end of the hallway. Sarah hears her giggling, so she follows her voice. She gets to the end of the hallway and she can't find her or hear her anymore. She returns back to her room and there's a very tall black figure standing about 10' tall hovering in front of her bed. In the morning, when the nurses open the door they find Sarah standing in the same position staring in the direction of that tall dark figure. Her eyes are wide open and unblinking. Her face is disfigured like that of a stroke victim.

Anyway, I have the entire story written out but this is the opening scene. Thoughts?

Old 10-15-2011, 03:59 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
my brother said he encountered something like that when he visited his wife's family in mexico. he was asleep in the living room and the door was opened. he said there was a shadow looking at him, but he felt as if it was inviting him over. he said, he just toughened up and simply ignored it. i told him maybe it was a dream? , but he wasn't buying it. i still think it was just a dream.... sleep paralysis maybe. but either way, it's still pretty scary. i also think the simplest forms of the supernatural or the "unknown" are the most scary.

i wrote a scene once for a script on a short film and it basically starts off with a woman, sarah, admitting herself into a mental health hospital. she's given a room with a roommate who tells her that her friend who is a very tall man visits her at night. Sarah ignores her roommate because she starts thinking that maybe she's crazier than she is. then at night, she's startled from her sleep by her roommate calling her. Sarah turns to see her roommates shadow from the door and she tells her almost whispering, "come here. i'm gonna show you something."

Sarah gets up to follow her. When she opens the door to leave her room, her roommate is not there anymore. She looks down the corridors and its empty with just a gleaming light coming from the nurses office at the end of the hallway. Sarah hears her giggling, so she follows her voice. She gets to the end of the hallway and she can't find her or hear her anymore. She returns back to her room and there's a very tall black figure standing about 10' tall hovering in front of her bed. In the morning, when the nurses open the door they find Sarah standing in the same position staring in the direction of that tall dark figure. Her eyes are wide open and unblinking. Her face is disfigured like that of a stroke victim.

Anyway, I have the entire story written out but this is the opening scene. Thoughts?

Wow, that must have been creepy. The second story above was cool. Like the Ring almost after the evil girl shows up. Nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies