Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 02:05 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,165 times

Advertisements

What movies on Netflix can you instant stream that are good for halloween?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 02:34 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
What movies on Netflix can you instant stream that are good for halloween?

Log-in to your Netflix account, do a search for Halloween and find out. Do you expect other people to put in the work for you? Hell, I dont think you even need an account to search around.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Log-in to your Netflix account, do a search for Halloween and find out. Do you expect other people to put in the work for you?
Yes. I want City-Data suggestions... Not random netflix people suggestions. Why else would I post here? Please try not to be so rude.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:51 PM

571 posts, read 1,303,586 times
We just watched a random '60s or '70s film (I can't remember which) called "Burn, Witch, Burn." If you don't mind old school and campy, it was really good. Also in our instant cue is:

Evil Dead
Carnival of Souls
American Werewolf in London
The Exorcist
Let the Right One In
Creepshow (VERY campy)

If you want some TV, the entire Twilight Zone and The X-Files are both available.

These plus what we already own are making for a great month

Good luck, and happy viewing!!!!

Old 10-18-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1 View Post
We just watched a random '60s or '70s film (I can't remember which) called "Burn, Witch, Burn." If you don't mind old school and campy, it was really good. Also in our instant cue is:

Evil Dead
Carnival of Souls
American Werewolf in London
The Exorcist
Let the Right One In
Creepshow (VERY campy)

If you want some TV, the entire Twilight Zone and The X-Files are both available.

These plus what we already own are making for a great month

Good luck, and happy viewing!!!!
Thanks Eeyore, I love old horror movies. I'm going to check out Burn, Witch Burn. I've seen the others except Evil Dead and Creepshow, so I'll check those out too!

Happy halloween!

Old 10-20-2011, 05:58 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
As far as the instant streaming, Netflix's horror selection is actually pretty poor. It's mostly 3rd rate slasher flicks. But there are a few gems:

Creepshow --- Totally campy and totally awesome.

An American Werewolf in London --- An almost-classic, but not for kids.

Night of the Living Dead --- The original. It was still streaming the last time I looked.

The Walking Dead (Season 1) --- One of the best shows on TV right now.

The Dead Zone (TV series) --- The TV series turned this more into a supernatural detective show than horror, but it's still fun.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:14 PM

667 posts, read 1,745,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
As far as the instant streaming, Netflix's horror selection is actually pretty poor. It's mostly 3rd rate slasher flicks. But there are a few gems:

Creepshow --- Totally campy and totally awesome.

An American Werewolf in London --- An almost-classic, but not for kids.

Night of the Living Dead --- The original. It was still streaming the last time I looked.

The Walking Dead (Season 1) --- One of the best shows on TV right now.

The Dead Zone (TV series) --- The TV series turned this more into a supernatural detective show than horror, but it's still fun.

I had to purchase The Walking Dead off of Itunes, I didnt see it on Netflix - well worth it though

I agree with Marks' comments about poor selection on Netflix. I would love to see Will Smith's " I am Legend" or Cruise " War of the Worlds".

Check out Youtube now offers a Movie Section with some free titles as well as some pay movies. If I were to recommend one great Halloween movie that many folks haven't seen it would be "Drag me to Hell". GREAT flick!

Old 10-21-2011, 01:27 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
I had to purchase The Walking Dead off of Itunes, I didnt see it on Netflix - well worth it though
It's only been streaming for a couple of weeks. A recent addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
Check out Youtube now offers a Movie Section with some free titles as well as some pay movies.
Yeah, if you've got Youtube available on your TV, be sure to check out SILVER BULLET, a wonderfully campy Stephen King flick. They really missed it on that title though. That movie really should have been called Anne of Green Gables and Gary Busey vs. Reverend Werewolf.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM

667 posts, read 1,745,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It's only been streaming for a couple of weeks. A recent addition.

Yeah, if you've got Youtube available on your TV, be sure to check out SILVER BULLET, a wonderfully campy Stephen King flick. They really missed it on that title though. That movie really should have been called Anne of Green Gables and Gary Busey vs. Reverend Werewolf.
I'll check it out for sure. thx

Also, for $99 my Apple TV box works great on streaming just about anything. Well worth the investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies