Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 AM

327 posts, read 644,529 times

Advertisements

Shoot Em Up. Doesn't even need to have a plot(first one barely had one). Just needs some Motorhead, lots of over the top action scenes and Clive Owen being handsome and witty and I'll watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Spaceballs would be nice to see as a sequel.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 PM

164 posts, read 329,218 times
A couple movies you have all listed are doing sequels, Independence Day2 is coming, so is Anchor Man 2 also can't wait for the real Dumb and Dumber sequel

I also agree that Shake and Bake needs a sequel lol, Zombieland, The A-team, The Others, The Town, Inception, Men at work, Seven, Happy Gilmore, Cop Out, Super Troopers, Beerfest to name a few that i can think of

Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
I'll limit it to stuff where the principal actors are still alive.

Last Action Hero - amazing movie that bombed because it came out the same time as Jurassic Park and it was really a spoof of action movies and confused audiences. It was really innovative and its a shame they never got a sequel since it was clearly intended to be a franchise

True Lies - I think Arnold becoming governor killed the sequel but they clearly intended to make one.

Dirty Work - great Norm Mcdonald comedy, one of the funniest movies Ive ever seen, definitely wished for more

Inception - such a great movie, left me wanting more and I can see a good sequel out of it

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - one of my favorite movies ever and its so one of a kind, a sequel would've been amazing

Forrest Gump - the book had a sequel, it'd be cool seeing Forrest Gump living thru the events of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Beetlejuice - the cartoon show was kind of a sequel but I'd love to still see another one expanding on the weird world he lives in

Happy Gilmore - it would likely suck since Adam Sandler has made nothing but crap for years, if they could get the same comedic tone it'd be awesome

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Two words:

"BODY HEAT" - the movie that launched Kathleen Turner's career.

Some people wondered if it warranted a sequel to see if the situation could have been "righted?"
I think a sequel to that with Kathleen Turner now would be somewhat vomit inducing

Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I think a sequel to that with Kathleen Turner now would be somewhat vomit inducing

Another sequel to American Psycho with the original characters so maybe I could figure out if the first one was real or not.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'll limit it to stuff where the principal actors are still alive.

Last Action Hero - amazing movie that bombed because it came out the same time as Jurassic Park and it was really a spoof of action movies and confused audiences. It was really innovative and its a shame they never got a sequel since it was clearly intended to be a franchise

True Lies - I think Arnold becoming governor killed the sequel but they clearly intended to make one.

Dirty Work - great Norm Mcdonald comedy, one of the funniest movies Ive ever seen, definitely wished for more

Inception - such a great movie, left me wanting more and I can see a good sequel out of it

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - one of my favorite movies ever and its so one of a kind, a sequel would've been amazing

Forrest Gump - the book had a sequel, it'd be cool seeing Forrest Gump living thru the events of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Beetlejuice - the cartoon show was kind of a sequel but I'd love to still see another one expanding on the weird world he lives in

Happy Gilmore - it would likely suck since Adam Sandler has made nothing but crap for years, if they could get the same comedic tone it'd be awesome
Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies. Here's an article from five years ago that details the prospects of a sequel: Forrest Gump Gets A Sequel - CinemaBlend.com

An I am Legend sequel is moving forward: So, That 'I Am Legend' Sequel Is Becoming Possibly More Real As Warner Bros. Officially Moves Forward | The Playlist

Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Hannibal (Sequel)
The Strangers (Prequel/Sequel)
The Cabin in the Woods (Prequel)

Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
The only movie I can think of that signaled for a sequel by its own title: The History of the World Part I.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,865,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
There's a few, but since you said Independence Day...I was thinking I-Robot. The ending had sequal written all over it.
I heard that's in the works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies