Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times

Advertisements

They remade Footloose so why not:

Ferriss Bueller's Day Off
Dirty Dancing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Neil Pactric Harris as Dr Franknfurther
The jock from Glee as Brad Majors
Janet could be a generic actress willing to perform in bra and panties
Since they like to perform together, use Johnny Depp as the Riff Raff and Helena Carter as Magenta then have her husband, Tim Burton, direct.
And for fun, have Channing Tatum as Rocky

WHAT????? you can't remake that movie!!! It goes against all thats good & decent!

Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show - YouTube

Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Guns of Navarone

Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
Here's my (partial) list:

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Logan's Run
3. Colossus - The Forbin Project
4. Time After Time
5. Soylent Green - this time, closer to the the original book "Make Room! Make Room!"
6. Three Days of the Condor
7. I Am Legend - again, closer to the original book. It's about vampires, not zombies. So far, nobody has ever made a decent movie adaptation of the book.
8. Cyborg (the novel was the basis for the TV movie and series "The Six Million Dollar Man").
9. 1984
10. Back to the Future, for the 30th anniversary. Part four will probably never happen, so now could be a good time to reboot the franchise.
11. Jaws
Someone loves their 1970s films!

I don't think Three Days of the Condor really needs a remake because it's still good now, but Logan's Run and Soylent Green would be PERFECT for a remake.

I think they're already doing Westworld, which is a cool one.

I think old sci-fi is where to do the best remakes, anything pre-Lucas would work. Then again, the remake might be like Total Recall and completely stink, but it could also be good like...ummmm...something?

Generally I am not a huge fan of remakes because I believe that there are plenty of good new ideas out there, but if things are getting remade, it should be films which would benefit from the new technology and acting methods.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:13 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
I'm gonna pizz off a lot of people but I'm going to say they need to reboot ALL the STAR WARS, ALL 6 of them. I enjoy it when I was a kid but now that I'm older and watching it again. It's way too cheesy, goody too shoe for me. I need that movie to be a little darker, add some realism to it, and more serious. Too kiddy for me. I'm glad they robooted Batman, gosh those older Batman was freaking cheesy.....

Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Roots.

Yes it was a classic, a very powerful story, and had an all-star cast. But have you watched it lately? It's a shame that it doesn't really hold up over the years. The story and characters are still very powerful, but the scenery, costumes, and dialogue are really cheesy.

For example, Kunta Kinte lived in Africa in generic "huts" surrounded by mowed lawns. Some actors had such silly fake Southern accents. All the sets were so artificial.

Today, costumes and scenery are given so much attention to detail, that they could really look authentic. Movie crews go on location to real places, and they might actually film in Africa for those scenes. Today, actors train for months to adopt an accent to make it sound real. The dialogue could be much improved and not sound so contrived.
Plus, we now have many more African-American actors to choose from than we did in the 70s; it won't just be "let's get this famous black person in the movie because he's famous, even though he can't act." Both black and white actors would be jumping over each other to star in a new version of Roots.

I'm sure it would be a blockbuster and an Oscar winner. It could help show the realities of the slavery era to today's younger generations, who would never sit through a DVD of a 1970s miniseries. It might also help to re-ignite people's interest in genealogy research, like happened in the 70s.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:33 PM

354 posts, read 517,968 times
Harry potter. This time the all American actor version or maybe all Australian since they're closer to brit accent lol. And this time a part 2,3,4 of each book. Because the potter movie butcher the book storyline that everytime i go out after watching it i go WTF.

ALSO the dialogues MUST be word from word from the book not made up by some screen writer and in fact i want JKR to do all the screen plays.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:56 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
NONE! Every single time Hollywood decides to remake a movie they ruin it.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I mostly agree, but there have been some movies that had a great idea, but were just not executed well. Those deserve a re-make, so perhaps they can fulfill their potential.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Rebecca

The original is awesome
but would be interesting to see it "updated "as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies