Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,154,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Well you see, Idol had traveled back in time, and...well...it gets confusing from there...
LOL. I goofed. It was Terminator 2 that Billy was considered for the T-1000. He would have fit the role, Though Robert Patrick was great. In real life however, Billy cannot be destroyed by conventional weapons. He also likes long walks on the beach and puppies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 AM

401 posts, read 642,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Well you see, Idol had traveled back in time, and...well...it gets confusing from there...
oh i see. while accelerating to 88mph he hit bump and crashed into the future.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,877,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96
Why does Terminator need to be rebooted when they haven't even finished the original story yet?
Because they have nothing good to make anymore so they take GOLDMINES and ruin them!!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:25 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,545,653 times
The problem with Hollywood these days is that they get ready to reboot a franchise and then the reboot fails and they have a second reboot... Wasn't the whole Terminator: Salvation sort of a re-boot? I guess they just gave up on that trilogy...

Like we're on our second Superman reboot and a reboot of Spiderman from a fairly well-received film trilogy that just ended not that long ago, we've had like three different actors playing the Incredible Hulk, we're getting more Star Wars sequels that will sort of be a reboot, we rebooted James Bond(that one actually worked though) and Star Trek was rebooted as basically high action Star Wars films with younger actors after about fifteen different TV series and two movie series already... Stallone keeps coming back to make sequels to franchises that should've been put to bed in the 80s for chrissakes...

You know where the interesting film epics are being produced these days? Cable television... These days The Godfather films would be a TV show. Game of Thrones is based on a book series, but at least it's something that hasn't been put on film before--it's far more interesting than most of these CGI superhero cartoons that can churned out every summer. Iron Man and the Avengers was good, but a lot of the rest are visually impressive, yet I forget what I just saw a day later...

Terminator 2 has a nice ending that could've just wrapped up the films right there--or they could've made Terminator 3 with James Cameron instead of bringing in a new director. But here we go we some Terminator 4 retread--great...

Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,272,270 times
"The Terminator" was a great movie.

Couldn't stand "Terminator 2". Bring back Arnold as a "good" terminator and add an annoying kid character.

Didn't bother with "Terminator 3".

Tried watching "Terminator 4". Terminated it at 45 minutes.

No desire to see any further "Terminators". I'd rather just watch the first one again.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 PM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
You know where the interesting film epics are being produced these days? Cable television...
Yup. All the great creativity in film drama these days is on TV, not the movies.

With the collapse of the DVD market, studios are placing their hopes on foreign markets, and in order to do that they don't need good movies. They need franchises. Hence all the sequels, remakes, reboots, etc. I honestly don't care all that much. TV is better than movies now anyway.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:57 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,558,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Old 07-02-2013, 04:59 PM

84 posts, read 181,141 times
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I want to remember Terminator as it was. I actually enjoyed all 4 Terminator movies. I even enjoyed The Sarah Connor Chronicles that was on TV.

But, this is Hollywood. Always willing to destroy an old movie to remake into a new movie and cash cow this movie again.

I agree with hollywood running out of ideas.

I have an idea. Why not bring back and expand on the SyFy series Dune, Children of Dune, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, and Caprica. This would make for some interesting movies.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:12 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,154,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Because they have nothing good to make anymore so they take GOLDMINES and ruin them!!
I agree. usually remakes and reboots leave out things in the plot, Or a message in the story or even changing things about the whole character or back story that was important to begin with. They are remaking/rebooting so far classics like the Terminator, Robocop, They live, Child's play and others. They remade Friday the 13th, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm street and it was awful. But movie fans, Especially of Sci-Fi and Horror franchises will watch it either at the theater or on cable. Why? Because of our being fans, Being curious, And hoping they do it right. Some do, Most don't. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. And it can mean big green for the film industry. Even Godzilla is getting a reboot again. The one they made in the 90's was awful, But when I was a kid I was a huge fan sitting in front of the TV eating Captain crunch and watching Kaiju mayhem I remember it fondly and will still see it at some point. And hopefully not yell BullS**t! and walk out of the theater. Many of you may relate.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:50 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
I would use Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robert Patrick and that woman whose name escapes me playing Skynet scientists their real current age who once made terminators in their own youthful image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies