Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 10:10 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,381 times

Advertisements

I just finished watching the 2008-2012 TV series "The Adventures of Merlin" on Netflix, which was for the large part very delightful, enjoyable, and a real treat for me to watch. The only thing that was somewhat of a genuine disappointment for me was, why the series did not feature Sir Galahad?? Galahad was my most favorite and admired character in the Arthurian Legend. I kept watching and waiting for him to appear, but it never happened, as far as I can recall... It was Galahad after all who found the Grail (a.k.a. the "Cup of Life", in "Merlin")...how could they really leave him out of the story?

The only logical reason I can think of as to why Galahad was not included was because in the Arthurian cycle, my understanding is that he is supposed to be the son of Sir Lancelot and Lady Elaine (who is also interestingly enough not featured in the series; she could have also made for an intriguing opposite to Guinevere's character). But then again, "Merlin's" creators apparently rebooted a fair enough amount of the traditional story -- for example, in it, Mordred is not Arthur's son, but is instead his loyal and trusted friend, up until when he betrayed Arthur with Morgana. So why not include a rebooted version of Sir Galahad, as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 10:20 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,381 times
Oops, sorry, my apologies...I realized after the fact that this thread probably should have gone into the "TV" forum; again sorry for the accidental omission. (Mods, please feel to move the thread to the "TV" forum, if you think that would be best. Thanks!)

Old 12-21-2013, 08:48 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,611,475 times
He was trapped in Castle Anthrax during the time period of the show.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:33 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
He was trapped in Castle Anthrax during the time period of the show.
Thread winner!

Anyway, I'd bet it had something to do with Galahad being Lancelot's son, but yeah that isn't always the way he is portrayed.

After reading "The Once and Future King," you won't like Galahad so much anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies