Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 09:06 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,616,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes, he should've been given far more lines.
Yeah, he needed a bunch of snarky one-liners to set the tone.

Ah, NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
On a technical level the stunts and practical sets/effects were very well done, but it's not among my favorites in the series. It's about even with Thunderdome for worst or "least-best" in the series.
It's a far better movie than Thunderdome.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:47 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times
Why do so many fans hate Thunderdome? I love it and feel it's probably the second best one after The Road Warrior.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Why do so many fans hate Thunderdome? I love it and feel it's probably the second best one after The Road Warrior.
Nobody hates Thunderdome. It's just that Fury Road is a significantly better movie.

Ever notice that Thunderdome has two directors? It's because it's two movies fused into one.

The first act is solid Mad Max theater. I love it. Tina Turner as Aunty Entity is cinema gold.

The entire middle act is akin to a surreal dream. Bruce Spence returns as a different character who many argue is the same character with a different moniker (it's up to oneself if you care that much). The finale of the third act is a milder rehash of The Road Warrior.

It really sucks that we may not ever get Mad Max: The Wasteland. George Miller brought so much more previously unseen mythos to the table — Gastown, the Bullet Farm, etc. — that it's likely we're going to miss out thanks to an ongoing lawsuit with WB. The Wasteland exists in script form and sadly, that's where it may remain.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:42 PM

Yeah I don't mind that Thunderdome has two directors. Lots of movies have two directors. That's not bad, is it? George Miller didn't want to direct the whole movie because his friend died, and he was in morning, so I have no problem with him co-directing.

I think I like Thunderdome better than Fury Road, because Fury Road feels like Thunderdome re-hashed for me, but you just replace the kids, with the women and I feel like it's very similar in premise.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Yeah I don't mind that Thunderdome has two directors. Lots of movies have two directors. That's not bad, is it? George Miller didn't want to direct the whole movie because his friend died, and he was in morning, so I have no problem with him co-directing.

I think I like Thunderdome better than Fury Road, because Fury Road feels like Thunderdome re-hashed for me, but you just replace the kids, with the women and I feel like it's very similar in premise.
Ohhhh-kay. LOL!

Old 06-25-2018, 11:19 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Fury Road was the last action movie that blew me away and kept me glued to the screen. So good to rewatch multiple times.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Fury Road was the last action movie that blew me away and kept me glued to the screen. So good to rewatch multiple times.
Fury Road was really nice but I think it did better in IMAX type theaters than standard theaters. I wouldn't say it was the best action.movie because you also had Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Kingsmen: Secret Service and The Equalizer all come within the previous year. Not taking anything away from Fury Road, as the action was great but to call it the best action movie is a bit of a stretch...

Old 07-05-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Nobody hates Thunderdome. It's just that Fury Road is a significantly better movie.

Ever notice that Thunderdome has two directors? It's because it's two movies fused into one.

The first act is solid Mad Max theater. I love it. Tina Turner as Aunty Entity is cinema gold.

The entire middle act is akin to a surreal dream. Bruce Spence returns as a different character who many argue is the same character with a different moniker (it's up to oneself if you care that much). The finale of the third act is a milder rehash of The Road Warrior.

It really sucks that we may not ever get Mad Max: The Wasteland. George Miller brought so much more previously unseen mythos to the table — Gastown, the Bullet Farm, etc. — that it's likely we're going to miss out thanks to an ongoing lawsuit with WB. The Wasteland exists in script form and sadly, that's where it may remain.
If Bruce Spence is playing a different character, then why does Max act like he recognizes him when he sees him. When he sees his, his eyes' go wide and he says "You!", like he knows who he is. Why does Max react like this if it's not suppose to be the same character he knows from before?

Old 07-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Fury Road was really nice but I think it did better in IMAX type theaters than standard theaters. I wouldn't say it was the best action.movie because you also had Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Kingsmen: Secret Service and The Equalizer all come within the previous year. Not taking anything away from Fury Road, as the action was great but to call it the best action movie is a bit of a stretch...
Kingsmen is overrated. Too stylized for me. The Equalizer's an alright movie, but not on par with Fury Road and TWS.

The Winter Soldier is a fantastic film. The one-on-one combat looks great. However, when it comes to amazing stunts, Fury Road wins. The sequence with the cycle riders flying over the rig in multiple directions while hurling bombs was dazzling. That wasn't CGI-enabled like most of the stunts in The Winter Soldier. One of the riders got hurt, too. Fury Road's climax took the best of The Road Warrior's action and raised it another notch. That's not easy to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies