Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 04:31 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Yes I know it's 'embarrassing' to admit it as a guy, but I confess I cried recently at a movie I watched in the theater.

Usually I'm pretty good at keeping back the tears and emotions during sad scenes and don't cry, at least outwardly.

But the movie I saw that made me cry was "Amazing Spiderman 2" (great movie by the way).

There were two scenes actually. One scene was where Aunt May was in Peter's bedroom staring at his collage on the wall, and the heartfelt dialogue they had was very moving for some reason. Actually, when the scene started with her sitting on the bed looking at the mural with expression of disbelief and hurt in her eyes, I knew what was coming next (so great Sally Fields was). I looked away and took a sip of my soda to try to hide my tears.

Also towards the end, what a wrenching sequence.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:52 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
I haven't been to a theatre in years, but I always cried openly if the scene made me feel that way. I cried watching "On Golden Pond" and "Edward Scissorhands," the latter which I saw with a sort-of boyfriend. It was at the end of the film, and I just sat and sobbed, even while people were walking out. My makeup was all over my face. I just didn't care. Sort-of boyfriend was very nice, waited it out.

I think I've become less emotional / sentimental as I've aged.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:51 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Everytime i see the price of snacks and ticket prices

Old 06-23-2014, 10:33 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Everytime i see the price of snacks and ticket prices
Ha, ha, ha.

Personally, I try to avoid viewing movies in public that will elicit such emotions from me; I like doing my ugly crying in the comfort of my home. No one needs to see that from me, NO ONE! Last time it happened, not making it up, heads were turning toward me. I wasn't even into the cry yet, but being the only person of color in the theater, seems people were very interested in my reaction to the movie, it was annoying to say the least. What movie you never asked, but I choose to tell you anyway? "The Help". Just thinking about the moment, gives me shivers. LOL

Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
I only cry if the acting is really bad. I used to weep like a baby during Pauly Shore movies. Honestly though, I'm not a crier. I would never cry at a movie theater, and the most I do at home is welt up. And welting up is usually reserved for a touching news story that's real rather than a fictional movie. However, I have seen some very touching documentaries and films based on true stories that have gotten me verklempt.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
I don't cry but I nearly cried watching Dear John due to the obvious 9/11 scenes. I didn't know they would have them so I got kicked in the gut by them and never got back into the movie because of it. That was the nearest cry but I do feel emotions in movies such as the nuke from Avengers, the near death of Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3, the death of Padme in Revenge of the Sith.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:03 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yes I know it's 'embarrassing' to admit it as a guy, but I confess I cried recently at a movie I watched in the theater.

Usually I'm pretty good at keeping back the tears and emotions during sad scenes and don't cry, at least outwardly.

But the movie I saw that made me cry was "Amazing Spiderman 2" (great movie by the way).

There were two scenes actually. One scene was where Aunt May was in Peter's bedroom staring at his collage on the wall, and the heartfelt dialogue they had was very moving for some reason. Actually, when the scene started with her sitting on the bed looking at the mural with expression of disbelief and hurt in her eyes, I knew what was coming next (so great Sally Fields was). I looked away and took a sip of my soda to try to hide my tears.

Also towards the end, what a wrenching sequence.
Ugh, have you seen the Disney/Pixar movies lately? They all have that hidden message about life and whatnot. I can't watch "Up" without the waterworks.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:03 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
I love it when guys admit that they cry. I cry all the time at movies, good ones, because really great movies, top movies, have a tendency to be sad, anywhere from wistful to agonizingly tragic:

Passion of Joan of Arc
Bicycle Thief
Tokyo Story
Third Man
Casablanca

Etc.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Ugh, have you seen the Disney/Pixar movies lately? They all have that hidden message about life and whatnot. I can't watch "Up" without the waterworks.
Oh my gosh, "Up" was really a tear jerker---from the very start. There were multiple moments where I had a lump in my throat. The end of Toy Story 3? was another unexpected tear jerker. "Marley and Me" was pure torture at the end. I was also sobbing in Les Mis although most of the theater joined me as well. And heck, I'm not even that huge of a fan of the musical. The movie and singing on big screen did me in.

I absolutely hate crying at a theater though and avoid tear jerkers if at all possible although I love watching them at home where I can sob like a baby in private, lol.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:00 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
Oh my gosh, "Up" was really a tear jerker---from the very start. There were multiple moments where I had a lump in my throat. The end of Toy Story 3? was another unexpected tear jerker. "Marley and Me" was pure torture at the end. I was also sobbing in Les Mis although most of the theater joined me as well. And heck, I'm not even that huge of a fan of the musical. The movie and singing on big screen did me in.

I absolutely hate crying at a theater though and avoid tear jerkers if at all possible although I love watching them at home where I can sob like a baby in private, lol.

I try not to sob at the movie theater-it ruins my make-up! lol..and as many times as I've watched "The Wizard of Oz", we went to see again on the big screen in 3-D. I always cry at the end when Dorothy wakes up and does her little speech and then cries, "There's no place like home. There's NO place like HOME".

Remember the movie, "March of the Penguins"? My husband was out cold and my daughter was about 4 years old and sitting on my lap. I SOBBED like a baby lol..she just looked at me like lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies