Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What was your favorite Batman movie of the Dark Knight trilogy?
Batman Begins 6 31.58%
The Dark Knight 10 52.63%
The Dark Knight Rises 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:26 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

I loved them all Bale was the best Batman for me, I loved Keaton as well but seeing Bale do Equilibrium made him the right choice for Batman. I would have to choose The Dark Knight. The Joker was one of his deadliest foes & while I had my doubts about Ledger playing him, he was brilliant I didn't know that he had it in him. I also liked Bane coming into the picture because he was the one who broke the Batman.
All in all I loved them all & unless Affleck took acting lessons I don't see him being better then Bale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 04:31 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,684 times
Begins holds up the best, despite the 2nd half resembling the 60s TV show. The story was straightforward and devoted most of the time explaining who Bruce Wayne is. Batman's costume and voice weren't as terrible as the latter two films.

The Dark Knight's narrative structure was a turnoff, and the movie ran 30 minutes too long. It had the best ideas of the series and one of the most interesting villains in years. I appreciate how ambitious the movie tried to be.

I only watched Rises once, I was so disappointed in it. It at least the movie shifted the focus back to Bruce-- the main characters in TDK were Joker and Dent.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:38 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
You really think detonating a bomb would make for a more enjoyable movie? There is a pretty big line between movies and reality. Movies are made to be dramatic, even though sometimes they look and feel realistic, they are anything but. The normal mechanics of practicality go out the window in movies in exchange for the shock, awe, and drama factor.
Wasn't The Dark Knight an enjoyable movie? All the Joker needed was "gasoline and explosives," and it's the most popular movie of the trilogy.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:08 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Begins holds up the best, despite the 2nd half resembling the 60s TV show. The story was straightforward and devoted most of the time explaining who Bruce Wayne is. Batman's costume and voice weren't as terrible as the latter two films.

The Dark Knight's narrative structure was a turnoff, and the movie ran 30 minutes too long. It had the best ideas of the series and one of the most interesting villains in years. I appreciate how ambitious the movie tried to be.

I only watched Rises once, I was so disappointed in it. It at least the movie shifted the focus back to Bruce-- the main characters in TDK were Joker and Dent.
I thought TDKR was boring the first time I watched it. Not sure if I was just tired and not in the mood for a long movie that was more thought than action, but the second time and after I have found that I love this flick, at least as much as TDK.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:22 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Batman begins.

Why does Batman sound like Lemmy from Motorhead when he talks? Always thought that was silly.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:39 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,349 times
Far and away, Batman Begins. I didn't see it when it was in theaters. Instead, a few months later, someone who's not really into films recommended it to me, saying that it's a "great film". I figured that if that person liked it that much, then it really must be a great film. And indeed it is. I have never understood the hype/hoopla over The Dark Knight -- it's easily the most boring of the trilogy.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think Rises just because the Ledger Joker isn't as good as the Nickelson Joker. Plus Bane was awesome and the twist with Talia al Goul was awesome.

I don't think that Jack was better just different. They needed a DARKER Joker & that's what they went with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies