Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:51 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Why are folks predicting a billion dollar event?

This is a ridiculous concept.
Uh, this is a very big deal in comic book world and this film will make a boatload of cash.

However, the next Star Wars installment will be the movie of the century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
I agree. The race between Superman and Flash, which first happened in August, 1967 -- was way more exciting!
I think Superman vs. Iron Man or Batman vs. Iron Man would be more exciting. I mean, Stark has a suit of steel and the intelligence of Batman.

Or the Avenger's vs. Justice League.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 10:54 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I think Superman vs. Iron Man or Batman vs. Iron Man would be more exciting. I mean, Stark has a suit of steel and the intelligence of Batman.
Actually, Batman is a superior tactician. He'd figure out a way to compromise the armor or reduce its effectiveness. Without the suit, Tony is nothing. Batman (real comics Batman, not Keaton-Kilmer-Clooney-Bale Batman) is a master of multiple fighting styles. He can usually defeat any normal, non-superpowered or non=enhanced (like Bane) combatant. Batman knocked out Guy Gardner with a single punch. All he'd have to do is bend Tony's pinky finger in the wrong direction.

The funny thing about all of Tony's suits: I thought it was really odd they couldn't blast their way out of the rubble in Iron Man 3. Then again, that movie is so full of holes, even a brick of Swiss cheese can't compete with it.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So does the Suicide Squad movie exist in the same "universe" as this movie? Has WB finally gotten their act together, or are they still throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks?
Yeah DC was waiting for a movie to be produced that didn't bomb (Green Lantern) or get shelved (George Miller's Tower of Bable) to start a universe because the Nolan movies while I really liked The Dark Knight and loved Rises, the fact remains that they weren't superhero movies and rather gangland epics that had people with ties to Detective Comic characters by name and/or look.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:07 AM

Reasons Batman Hates Superman

Old 07-29-2015, 04:33 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

Superman would beat Ironman, Batman would beat them both! Batman is feared by everyone no matter how strong.

Last edited by reed067; 07-29-2015 at 04:43 AM..

Old 07-29-2015, 07:03 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Actually, Batman is a superior tactician. He'd figure out a way to compromise the armor or reduce its effectiveness. Without the suit, Tony is nothing.
I wouldn't say that exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOlumXJ5HWQ

Old 07-29-2015, 08:10 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but I suggest you read Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns to get a handle on the tone of the film.

Also, this may shock you, but in the comics, Batman kept an extensive file on each Justice League member contingent on knowing how to take each one down per their weaknesses and shortcomings, in the event any of them flew off the handle and became uncontrollable for any given reason.
I grew up reading Marvel and after I quit this book came out and made news and may have ignited a golden age of comics. Superman being so super for lack of a better term makes it seem like the OP's objections make sense. The script and director will determine if it works on screen like it did in the graphic novel and the animated movie.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I wouldn't say that exactly.
LOL! That's a great scene. Bruce Wayne is all of those, too. Minus the one-liners.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I grew up reading Marvel and after I quit this book came out and made news and may have ignited a golden age of comics. Superman being so super for lack of a better term makes it seem like the OP's objections make sense. The script and director will determine if it works on screen like it did in the graphic novel and the animated movie.
I grew up reading Marvel and DC (and a bunch of independents). The only characters I don't wood over are all the mutants. I burned out on mutants and mutantism and Wolverine going snikt snikt ages ago. To me, they're the least interesting of all the heroes from any publisher, minus Magneto. He's one of Marvel's best characters.

BvS is not an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns, though it incorporates elements thereof, the same way Nolan's trilogy did, along with Year One, The Killing Joke, etc.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:59 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,965,446 times
Several of you folks raised some good and valid points.

I am still sticking to my guns somewhat....though dropping the "stupid" adjective. I guess it could make a boatload of cash and entertain the dickens out of the audience. That's great.

But lets be realistic. Batman has belt gadgets and a keen intellect. Superman has virtually unlimited powers. They are still in a completely separate class.

Nobody has ruled that Hollywood must be realistic. I suppose that much of the appeal of the super heroes is the escapism.

What is both incredibly popular and highly realistic? Fantasy is Fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies