Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:24 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,442,761 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 07:19 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,141,466 times
With the movie already pre-sold by the previous MCU features and TV it seems to be giving away too much. The story will be hard pressed to surprise no matter how much of a blackout you can self impose on yourself. I guess it will come down to the execution

Old 11-25-2015, 07:27 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,963,535 times
Only missing Thor and The Hulk to be another Avengers installment?

Old 11-25-2015, 09:20 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,256,756 times
Looks really good. The previous CA flicks are some of the best Marvel movies.

That said, the one moment of the trailer that made me groan and roll my eyes:

Punching Iron Man is the height of silliness. I know the fisticuffs are a staple of the comic books, but can we not aim at least a little higher in the movies? I mean the only thing sillier than punching Iron Man would be fist-fighting a maniacal robot as it barreled down the highway on the back of a truck.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:57 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,615,558 times
That last shot is cool — assuming IM's armor has seriously malfunctioned — but it needs work. Iron Man is entirely CG and it's too noticeable.

Honestly, I don't mind Iron Man getting a beatdown, but I feel Cap and Bucky are finishing something started by somebody else, maybe...?

This trailer's pretty cool, but it doesn't have the same impact as the BvS trailer. It IS cool to finally see Black Panther.

I'm still not totally convinced this is the right time for the Civil War storyline, but they went ahead and adapted it (or a part of it).

Old 11-25-2015, 07:33 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,752 times
This has been the only super hero movie I truely like. Just not a fan of the genre but I sure have loved the captain America movies so far. This one also looks promising.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:26 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,882 times
Cap and Bucky putting the beatdown on Iron Man really isn't that far fetched. Bucky's robotic arm is highly advanced and stronger than Cap, they're both superhumanly strong and agile, and Cap's shield is quite the equalizer. The shield can reflect Tony's blasts and pierce his armor. If they reflected one or two of Tony's blasts back at him it would seriously damage his armor, and piercing through his armor in the right place could cause Tony to lose power.

Old 11-26-2015, 06:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,527,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Cap and Bucky putting the beatdown on Iron Man really isn't that far fetched. Bucky's robotic arm is highly advanced and stronger than Cap, they're both superhumanly strong and agile, and Cap's shield is quite the equalizer. The shield can reflect Tony's blasts and pierce his armor. If they reflected one or two of Tony's blasts back at him it would seriously damage his armor, and piercing through his armor in the right place could cause Tony to lose power.

But in all honesty Cap isn't all that strong as the movies show him to be. He's supposed to be the perfect
physical specimen. In the comics Batman is the same when it comes to being as close to perfect as possible. Yet Batman could take him. Wolverine is stronger then Cap is too.

Anyways, back to the topic. As someone who read the comic Civil War I KNOW I am going to be VERY disappointed with this movie. So many missing out of the comics ( granted I know they can't use everyone) but still I think the storyline will be lacking seriously.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:14 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
But in all honesty Cap isn't all that strong as the movies show him to be. He's supposed to be the perfect
physical specimen. In the comics Batman is the same when it comes to being as close to perfect as possible. Yet Batman could take him. Wolverine is stronger then Cap is too.
That's entirely untrue. Wolverine is only as strong as a little angry dude and Batman is only as strong as a world-class athlete. Captain America is superhumanly strong(able to lift about a ton), superhumanly agile(agility on par with Beast) and superhumanly durable(as the movies have shown). Neither Wolverine nor Batman could punch a heavybag so hard it rips out of the ceiling and goes flying across a gym.

Quote:
Anyways, back to the topic. As someone who read the comic Civil War I KNOW I am going to be VERY disappointed with this movie. So many missing out of the comics ( granted I know they can't use everyone) but still I think the storyline will be lacking seriously.
The two stories are almost completely different aside from Cap and Tony's ideologies conflicting. The comic story was about forcing all superhumans to register their identities with the government and consent to becoming superheroes at the government's beck and call, and the inciting incident that sparked the debate was a mutant killing a school full of children. The MCU doesn't even have mutants or enough superhumans to come close to doing what the comic did.

And just a reminder, the comic story climaxed with Cap beating the **** out of Tony by himself. Cap had to be pulled off of Tony because he would have killed Tony for all the terrible things he did to win the "civil war."

Old 11-26-2015, 07:42 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,527,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
That's entirely untrue. Wolverine is only as strong as a little angry dude and Batman is only as strong as a world-class athlete. Captain America is superhumanly strong(able to lift about a ton), superhumanly agile(agility on par with Beast) and superhumanly durable(as the movies have shown). Neither Wolverine nor Batman could punch a heavybag so hard it rips out of the ceiling and goes flying across a gym.

How strong is wolverine? - Marvel Answers - Wikia

Wolverine also possesses superhuman strength , enough to lift 2 tons

Added to that Wolverine would have to have super strength to slice though steel, bone, etc. Wolverine can be seen breaking chains, kicking down steel doors even tossing people across the room. AKA Roughhouse.
Let's not forget the Hulk just to slice his skin you have to be strong. His
skeleton weighs about 300 pounds think about how strong you have to be to carry that around all the time. Now the movies don't show this for some reason which I can't stand. Batman is strong also but without the serum. There are reports where he can bench 750-1000 pounds. I know he can't do it like Cap can with such ease as Cap can. A lot of this at some point comes down to whoever is doing the writing too. Some times said person can do more or less depending.

The two stories are almost completely different aside from Cap and Tony's ideologies conflicting. The comic story was about forcing all superhumans to register their identities with the government and consent to becoming superheroes at the government's beck and call, and the inciting incident that sparked the debate was a mutant killing a school full of children. The MCU doesn't even have mutants or enough superhumans to come close to doing what the comic did.

And just a reminder, the comic story climaxed with Cap beating the **** out of Tony by himself. Cap had to be pulled off of Tony because he would have killed Tony for all the terrible things he did to win the "civil war."

I'm sure that the movie will do well but as always it's going to fall shot of the comics. Most movies do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies