Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 07:18 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

The trailer for 9/11 starring Charlie Sheen was recently released, based on the stage play "Elevator." It was met with derision on the twitter verse.

I don't know, maybe some may find it harmless, but to me it just reeks almost like a parody. Whoopi Goldberg doesn't even seem serious in her role.

Oh dear, here’s the trailer for that Charlie Sheen 9/11 movie - Salon.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rL4xYyaDjU&spfreload=5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 07:54 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,015,571 times
It looks really low budget, but not offensive to the level everyone on twitter is whining about. Seems like bandwagon hate.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Default Another 9/11 Movire - Charlie Sheen and Whoopi Goldberg?

IBDM:The Buzz: Martin Guigui (The Bronx Bull) directs Charlie Sheen, Whoopi Goldberg, and Gina Gershon in this movie, which was written for the big screen but premiered on a stage in Arizona in 2011. The Tucson Weekly wrote at the time: "This is an interesting but rather skeletal piece, begging to be fleshed out with richer characterizations and hinting at a depth it doesn't quite reach." Early reviews of the film version hint at this being a best-case scenario.

WOW... talk a movie with a very low bar and already set up to fail before it comes out on Friday.

I have a feeling most people will go just to see Tigers Blood Sheen scratching for a "winning" moment. Sarcasm aside and honestly, 3 people in an elevator for 2 hours just doesn't sound interesting to me, not to mention plunking down $20 to do so.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:01 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Sounds like a film more suited for cable TV. Sheen has lost millions from numerous divorces, partying and the people that were blackmailing him. Hes a talented actor who will be more apt for the paychecks. Not sure why Whoopi or Gina would sign on. I could see lesser known actors in this with the same result.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:58 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
I recently read about this film, which opens tomorrow. A film trailer is embedded in the below article.

First trailer for Charlie Sheen's '9/11' movie is ... well, you decide - LA Times

Old 09-12-2017, 02:15 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Well, for me, it is what I said about the two versions of "The Debt" in "Spy Movies".

When the movie has a cast that is unknown to the viewer, the movie is much more about the story.

When the movie has a big name star in it, the movie is much more about them.

OF COURSE, it doesn't help that a movie that is about, somewhat, my line of work has a major player in from "The View" which seems to be against my line of work.............

.................but that is just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Sounds like a film more suited for cable TV. Sheen has lost millions from numerous divorces, partying and the people that were blackmailing him. Hes a talented actor who will be more apt for the paychecks. Not sure why Whoopi or Gina would sign on. I could see lesser known actors in this with the same result.
I wouldn't quite call him tainted but rather type casted. While his credits do list some serious flicks, every mental image I have him is of a comedy to one extent or another and hence, he is hard to believe in this kind of movie.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:55 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Sad enough watching films like this one, United 93 (2006) - IMDb. Do we really need another one? And of all people, Charlie Sheen. I can't think of a more repellent actor.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:30 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,955,645 times
Yeah this trailer did nothing for me.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:27 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,383,296 times
I do love watching a good movie based upon life-and-death situations.

That said, I cannot even fathom what the families of those who perished would go through, even by simply glimpsing a run of the trailer being advertised on tv, once this is released. Imagine if you had a loved one who didn't make it out of the Twin Towers that day. Imagine having a loved one who perished in one of elevators, seeing that clip in the promo. Imagine the insufferable pain to be experienced once again, over and over, every time this is shown.

That's what I find wrong with this movie. Not the level of acting, not the actors who were chosen, nor the suggested low budget appearance...I simply couldn't imagine the pain that releasing this film, along with the other films and documentaries in the past, will cause to countless families.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:29 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I wouldn't quite call him tainted but rather type casted
After his coke-fueled "winning" breakdown a few years ago, he's definitely tainted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies