Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 01:38 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Wow, some of you have really good memories. Couldn't even begin to tell you. I wish we watched more in the theater, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Yup, saw Tully twice. One 10/10 (The Rider), 3 9/10, and 1 I should have skipped (QP).

We just watched Tully. I saw the preview and was really looking forward to it. Looked funny. It was good but not what I expected. I can see watching it twice to watch for details.

This is just a small, side detail, but she was so huge and just about to give birth, obviously, and in just about every scene she was in, she would kind of slightly adjust her back, over and over, even if it was in the background. It seems like in most movies, they'll show that once or so. But here, I just felt her uncomfortable misery the whole time. It just brought me in to her constant discomfort in the final part of her pregnancy. Made it realistic. Never mind all the rest of it. Omg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't keep ticket stubs (I mostly do ticketing on my iPhone), but I recently saw Book Club. Prior to that, I saw all of the films nominated for this year's Best Picture Oscar (can't remember the order)
I so wanted to go in the afternoon, buy a glass of wine at the theater, and enjoy this one. Looked pretty funny. Powerhouse cast. But I'm still looking forward to it on Netflix.

We only just now received Phantom Thread. The last Oscar-nominated one to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 01:53 AM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
I don't really remember since the last time I went to a movie in a theater was probably in 2001. Maybe it was the original Fast and Furious. I see no reason to go to a theater when I can watch anything I want in the comfort of my home.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:33 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I think --

"Mamma Mia 2"
"The Man Who Invented Christmas"
"Fantastic Beasts and Others" (I forget the exact title)
"Beauty and the Beast" (non-animated)
"Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2"
"Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1"

We only go to the theater about once a year.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
^^ P.S. to Above: I forgot "Won't You Be My Neighbor?"

Old 08-14-2018, 04:49 PM

36 posts, read 27,711 times
The last movie I saw in a theater was the first Lord of the Rings, and I only went because it was free when you work overseas with the Department of Defense.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:12 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,146,969 times
last nine...

one skip it (The Nun)

A Star Is Born
A Simple Favor
The Wife
The Nun
Christopher Robin
Puzzle
The Equalizer 2
Eighth Grade
Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Old 10-26-2018, 10:50 AM

3 posts, read 1,839 times
Oml yass I've seen most of the new movies of this year...I believe...These are the horror movies i've seen this year

The Strangers: Prey at Night
A Quiet Place
Halloween
The First Purge
Hell Fest
Insidious: The Last Key

But, there's way more movies i've seen this year, I just love the horror genre as you can seeee

Old 10-26-2018, 10:57 AM

3 posts, read 1,839 times
I've also seen some others including,

Blockers
Game Night
Fifty Shades Freed
Black Panther
Deadpool 2
Ready Player One
Love, Simon
Skyscraper
Rampage
Jurassic World 2
Tomb Raider
The Spy Who Dumped Me
and The Maze Runner 3..............That's all I've seen this year...I look very weird watching all of these and paying for all of these but, I've been going with only at least 2 or 1 person to the movies this year.....luckily we had the money to pay for us for all those times...

Old 10-26-2018, 11:33 AM

4,866 posts, read 4,806,048 times
I haven't seen a movie in a theater in 20-25 years. It was one of the Pierce Brosnan James Bond movies.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:22 PM

37 posts, read 17,430 times
We usually go to the movies every week unless we are traveling which we do a lot of since we are retired. Let me see if I can remember what we have seen lately:

Bad Times at the El Royale
A Star is Born
A Simple Favor
Christopher Robin
Incredibles 2
BlacKKKlansman
Crazy Rich Asians

The next one I am looking forward to is Bohemian Rhapsody.

The others I saw this summer were:

Mission Impossible: Fallout
Mamma Mia 2
Eighth Grade
Ant Man and the Wasp
Oceans 8
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Book Club
Tully
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies