Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 11:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,552,258 times

Advertisements

Um I mean Conan the conquer?
Arnold has been wanting to do this for some time now. NOW is the time!!!

IF they FINALLY do this it needs to be on the big screen not Netflix or Amazon, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzE...&feature=share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 02:43 PM

22,925 posts, read 28,302,797 times
I'd love to see it. But I'll believe it's actually happening when I see the first trailer. This movie has been in Development hell for almost twenty years. If the next GAME OF THRONES series or Amazon's LotR prequel are huge hits, this might stand a chance.

But if it does happen, I fear it won't be the Conan of the original stories or the Milius version. Both are far too politically incorrect for today's hyper-sensitive audiences.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,626,473 times
While Robert E. Howard wasn't concerned with political correctness (nor were his peers), it didn't stop him from creating strong female characters, like:

Valeria, a "superior swordswoman, faster and more agile than Conan";

Bêlit, the "wildest she-devil unhanged," known as "the Queen of the Black Coast" who commands her ship The Tigress and its all-male crew, none of whom would dare approach her sexually;

Red Sonya of Rogatino, a flame-haired Polish-Ukrainian gunslinger who served as the inspiration for the sword-wielding Red Sonja, as reimagined by writer Roy Thomas;

Dark Agnes de Chastillon, another redhead swordswoman; she's hot-tempered and her skills are developed, not divinely gifted like Red Sonja's.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'd love to see it. But I'll believe it's actually happening when I see the first trailer. This movie has been in Development hell for almost twenty years. If the next GAME OF THRONES series or Amazon's LotR prequel are huge hits, this might stand a chance.

But if it does happen, I fear it won't be the Conan of the original stories or the Milius version. Both are far too politically incorrect for today's hyper-sensitive audiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
While Robert E. Howard wasn't concerned with political correctness (nor were his peers), it didn't stop him from creating strong female characters, like:

Valeria, a "superior swordswoman, faster and more agile than Conan";

Bêlit, the "wildest she-devil unhanged," known as "the Queen of the Black Coast" who commands her ship The Tigress and its all-male crew, none of whom would dare approach her sexually;

Red Sonya of Rogatino, a flame-haired Polish-Ukrainian gunslinger who served as the inspiration for the sword-wielding Red Sonja, as reimagined by writer Roy Thomas;

Dark Agnes de Chastillon, another redhead swordswoman; she's hot-tempered and her skills are developed, not divinely gifted like Red Sonja's.
They got away with giving us Deadpool so maybe there is hope....maybe. It’s WAY post due for this movie to be made. The special effects would be sweet the story I think would be good I don’t think Arnold would let then ********** up.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It isn't about strong female characters. Conan consistently fails to acknowledge women's self-actualization --- or whatever the current terms du jour may be.

https://babylonbee.com/news/conan-th...tte-commercial

Quote:
Conan The Barbarian Apologizes For Misogynistic Comments After Viewing Gillette Commercial

CIMMERIA—Speaking in a message sent from the Hyborian Age, famed sword and sorcery hero Conan the Barbarian apologized to all women everywhere for his harsh treatment and objectification of women, as well as his harmful comments about hearing women's lamentations.

The catalyst for Conan's change of heart was reportedly a brief Gillette ad, which he viewed through a dark sorcerer's portal before cutting the foul wizard's head off.

"Many times I would grab women by the hair, tell them to shut up, and rescue them from pirates or enchanters without so much as asking their consent," he said in a statement. "Now, thanks to Gillette, I see that my past behavior is not the best a man can be. It's not the best a Cimmerian can be."

"I vow to do better," he said.

Once a fearsome barbarian who roamed the land in search of fame, fortune, and glory, Conan now hangs out at local taverns, where he lectures men who get too saucy with the waitstaff. "Actually, Ulrich, this serving wench is worthy of our respect and doesn't deserve to hear your disparaging comments," he said to a friend at a recent encounter before cutting his head off.

Conan also vowed to strive for better gender representation in his quests. Instead of venturing into sorcerer's towers and dank dungeons by himself or with a companion who inevitably gets killed in the first room, the barbarian conquerer promised to raid dungeons with a party of at least 50% women.

Gillette spokesperson Howie Robert said the company was very pleased with Conan's progress. "This is exactly what we knew would happen: men with the worst masculine instincts would check out a razor commercial and immediately change their ways. We totally didn't do it for publicity or anything." Conan quickly cut off Robert's head.

Based on his new change of heart, Conan the Barbarian will be adapted into a new film, Conan the Sensitive, featuring Emily Blunt in the leading role instead of Jason Momoa.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
It isn't about strong female characters. Conan consistently fails to acknowledge women's self-actualization --- or whatever the current terms du jour may be.

https://babylonbee.com/news/conan-th...tte-commercial
What the holy hell????

Old 04-01-2019, 03:43 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,626,473 times
Hahaha.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What the holy hell????
Crom apologizes to your Four Winds for his insensitive comments.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Crom apologizes to your Four Winds for his insensitive comments.
No, damn it Crom DOESNT apologize!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies