Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 07:19 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times

Advertisements

......or to make it a little bit easier, if you wanted to, you could watch the flick 3 minutes from now?

Me, all the 007 ones, Entrapment, Highlanders, The Terrorists, Outland, Shalako, The Red Tent (probably my most fav of his outside of Bond), Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Robin & Marian, The Name of the Rose, The Hunt for Red October, First Knight, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Time Bandits, A Bridge too Far, The Great Train Robbery, Wrong is Right, Dragonheart, Playing by Heart, Zardoz, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and The Man Who Would be King. I may have Tarzan's Greatest Adventure.

I think I have, down in VHS, The Longest Day, The Avengers, The Presidio, Medicine Man,

I might have The Anderson Tapes, Murder on the Orient Express, The Wind and the Lion, Family Business, and Rising Sun.

If I have Marne, it is somewhere in a Hitchcock collection.

Then there's the question of......what was the last time you watched him? Admittedly, it has been a while but it probably would have been Time Bandits running in a tie to Diamonds are Forever......or it might have been First Knight on some movie theme night a "short" while back.

So what's your favorite scene of his? Well, off the top of my head, it would be the tailor scene in one of the Highlanders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJY1A9GiG6Q

Last time you referenced him before his passing? For me, it would have been Friday night when in "The Day of the Animals" Lynda Day George says she can't swim and his voice from Thunderball, as he pushed the special weapons weaponeer off the doomed hydrofoil of, "It's never too late to learn!" rang in my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgDVHWtiUL0
(right at 4:20)

Picture wise, it was Wednesday or so with a shot from Outland.

So-o, how much of an influence, by what you saw of his work, was he in your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 08:34 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
You've never seen THE MOLLY MAGUIRES? Definitely one of Connery's best movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_XZ...ature=emb_logo

Old 11-01-2020, 08:36 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I don't have any. My entire DVD collection is less than 20 titles. But I'm sure I could find a number of films on the streaming services I'm subscribed to that I could watch three minutes from now.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't have any. My entire DVD collection is less than 20 titles. But I'm sure I could find a number of films on the streaming services I'm subscribed to that I could watch three minutes from now.
EXACTLY why I stuck that condition in there for I know most people don't have video libraries in their homes..........

............so, three minutes from now, what's your inkling for a Sean Connery flick that you can get your hands on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
You've never seen THE MOLLY MAGUIRES? Definitely one of Connery's best movies. ........
For some reason, it must not have been available to be bought (but it was today)......for I see that Frank Finlay was in and I bought up many of his movies just a few short months ago.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-01-2020 at 08:53 AM..

Old 11-01-2020, 08:58 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
I could watch Meteor on YouTube right now if I wanted to. Here's the full movie. It's one of my favorite Sean Connery movies. I last watched it a few weeks ago.

Meteor (1979)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgHv0XLlHA

Old 11-01-2020, 09:26 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
EXACTLY why I stuck that condition in there for I know most people don't have video libraries in their homes..........

............so, three minutes from now, what's your inkling for a Sean Connery flick that you can get your hands on?.
If you mean literally get my hands on, nothing. And I'm okay with that. Not sure why it matters. I can be watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade before you're able to locate it in your collection and get it out of the case and loaded into the machine.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:34 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If you mean literally get my hands on, nothing. And I'm okay with that. Not sure why it matters. I can be watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade before you're able to locate it in your collection and get it out of the case and loaded into the machine.
I think I actually do own Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but I couldn't tell you when the last time I watched a movie on DVD was. Like you, my DVD collection could fit in a shoebox.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:38 AM

Well, this is really not a conversation about DVDs......as much as it is about which Sean Connery flicks you can quickly watch.

Old 11-01-2020, 11:00 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
For some reason, it must not have been available to be bought (but it was today)......for I see that Frank Finlay was in and I bought up many of his movies just a few short months ago.
It's a great movie. It flopped at the box office, which I don't understand at all. Connery and Richard Harris are both great in it. It's beautifully filmed. Great music. Very moving story. Still one of my favorite Connery movies.

Old 11-01-2020, 02:23 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times
I had Outland on VHS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies