Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 03:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Question:

Will Sony release this movie in China? And if they do...what cuts would China demand be made for Chinese audiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 03:32 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Question:

Will Sony release this movie in China? And if they do...what cuts would China demand be made for Chinese audiences?
China has already refused it. Or rather, they have never gotten around to assigning it a release date.

Inasmuch as the movie has grossed over the billion dollar mark without China--and considering Disney has gotten nothing but stung whenever they've lately tried to appease China--I doubt Disney is worried about the Chinese market.

The Chinese are doing something in their internal politics this year that is showing up in their movie activity. They have been denying foreign--particularly American--releases on some of the most bogus reasons. At the same time, they have released some big-budget anti-American propaganda films that can therefore sit for months on the Chinese movie market unchallenged.

Either Xi has just decided that the Chinese people need some doctrinal maintenance, or he's preparing to make some significant international political move and needs to have all the population to get behind it.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:23 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
I can't think of any character or plot point that might spark calls for censorship

Old 01-11-2022, 05:18 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I can't think of any character or plot point that might spark calls for censorship
Disney fails even when they have had the Chinese ministry of propaganda working with them the entire project. That's irrelevant. What is relevant is whether the Chinese authorities decide at the last moment whether it's to their benefit for the population to see that movie at that time.

This last year, the reasons for rejection have been patently bogus.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:42 PM

1,548 posts, read 871,971 times
If it wasn't for the pandemic this film could easily surpass $2 billion worldwide.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:18 AM

643 posts, read 352,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The whole multi-verse somewhat needs Dr.Strange as he is the "most important wizard" but always messes things up.

Dr. Stranger, Professor X, and Reed Richards will be important characters in the next phases.
IMO him and Thor mess up MCU. They two are the biggest factor Marvel movies are becoming fantasies rather than real people life stories.
I like characters as Iron man, Spider man, Shangchi, Captain America, even ant man. They are humans, or super humans. Their behavior are understandable like DC's batman, superman and wonder woman. But Dr. Strange the wizard and Thor take us to a parallel universe, so that's why aliens like Eternals come down to earth and Eternals is the worst Marvel movie ever. Their stories don't make too much sense.
Dr. Strange series is a highly risky expansion for Marvel to say the least. Literally anyone can be sent to the multiverse he produces. And I have no interests following anymore.

Last edited by shoot002; 01-20-2022 at 09:27 AM..

Old 01-20-2022, 09:23 AM

3,191 posts, read 1,280,763 times
Is it as awesome as some say it is?

Should a person who hasn't interest in spiderman watch?

Not sure if people like myself should watch?

It has a crazy rating on imdb.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:54 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Is it as awesome as some say it is?

Should a person who hasn't interest in spiderman watch?

Not sure if people like myself should watch?
Did you like any of the previous Spider-Man flicks? If so, you'll like this one.

Did you dislike all of the previous Spider-Man flicks? If so, this one is unlikely to change your mind.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:56 AM

3,191 posts, read 1,280,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Did you like any of the previous Spider-Man flicks? If so, you'll like this one.

Did you dislike all of the previous Spider-Man flicks? If so, this one is unlikely to change your mind.
I only watched first 3 spiderman movies from 2002 to 2007. I liked the first and the third of the movie. I didn't like the second movie as much. Maybe I am the only one.

The only reason why I liked the 3rd movie more than the 2nd movie was the personal chance in the spiderman in the 3rd movie. And what kind of moves he made in that movie.

I never watched any spider man movie after 2007.

Old 01-24-2022, 09:45 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
I only watched first 3 spiderman movies from 2002 to 2007. I liked the first and the third of the movie. I didn't like the second movie as much. Maybe I am the only one.

The only reason why I liked the 3rd movie more than the 2nd movie was the personal chance in the spiderman in the 3rd movie. And what kind of moves he made in that movie.

I never watched any spider man movie after 2007.
The Tom Holland Spiderman movies are quite different from the others both in tone and characters. Maybe worth a watch to see if you like em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies