Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:02 AM

373 posts, read 1,853,234 times

Advertisements

Invasion of the Body Snatchers would always cause me to have strange dreams and worries that my parents weren't really my parents.

Also, When a Stranger Calls always freaked me out. I think I got a glimpse of both of these when I had a babysitter when I was in grade school because my parents would have never let me watch them. "Have you checked the children?" and the realization that the call is coming from inside the house traumatized me into my early years as a babysitter myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 05:22 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Friday the 13th. Jason gave me nightmares for a long time. I am glad there is not much horror on tv anymore. When I was growing up it seemed like there was always some kind of horror show on. I have not watched anything horror since about 1986 or so. I hate hate hate horror movies. I think my parents scarred me for life with all those Dawn of the dead and other really creepy movies.

I can still hear the whisper... jason, jason, jason...

Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
"Are the birds gonna eat us mommy?"

Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Threads

Depicts nuclear war and the after effects on a British community
I recently watched this again and let me say I am still thoroughly horrified by this film

Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM

7 posts, read 14,594 times
try treasure flix.com, they seem to have alot of old movies and they take them from VHS and put them into DVD. I just ordered "Child of Glass" from them.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 AM

221 posts, read 519,768 times
As a kid, the majority of my horror viewing was on television - specifically cable tv. Most films didn't scare me at the time, but a few really haunted me as a kid.

The Shining: watching Jack Nicholson slowly lose his mind scared me more than the haunted hotel itself. Perfect example is the scene where a now inhuman looking Jack stares out of the window watching his wife and son play in the snow. The bathroom scene in which he finds the young woman in the bathtub gave me some nightmares. The soundtrack to this movie alone is scary enough.

SSSSSSS: I grew up with a fear of snakes. Always loved the mad scientist films, but sitting through an experiment in which a naive Dirk Benedict gradually transforms into a snake was very disturbing for me at the time.

Burnt Offerings: Perfectly creepy setting for a haunted house, the Dunsmuir House in Oakland. This same house was used in the first Phantasm (1979). The swimming pool scene in which Oliver Reed becomes possessed by the house and starts drowning his son was frightening. Even worse were the ghostly appearances from the hearse driver.

Even though these movies frightened me as kid, I always watched them anytime they were shown on tv. If anything, they fed my appetite for more. Horror is my favorite genre to this day.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei2873 View Post
Invasion of the Body Snatchers would always cause me to have strange dreams and worries that my parents weren't really my parents.
The first version I ever saw was the 1978 remake starring Donald Sutherland. I was afraid to fall asleep after watching that the first time.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM

327 posts, read 968,698 times
Default I Saw what You Did and I Know Who You Are

This movie is about a teenager babysitting who makes a crank call (I saw what you did and I know who you are) to a man who just killed his wife.
Of course, he has to find her and kill her too! The scariest scene is when she is in the family car, trying to get away (the phone lines have been cut in pre cell phone era) and the car won't start and he is in the back seat.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:51 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
One movie that always freaked me out was Clash Of The Titans. That devil guy in that movie was ultra-creepy to me, same for Medusa.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
One movie that always freaked me out was Clash Of The Titans. That devil guy in that movie was ultra-creepy to me, same for Medusa.
Talking about this guy? Calibos was creepy.

http://www.theseventhvoyage.com/images/Clash%20of%20the%20Titans/calibos2.jpg (broken link)

Clash of the Titans was definitely one of my favorites at the drive-in as a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies