Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I just watched World War Z twice. I had to watch it the second time to see what I missed the first time.

Frankly, I am impressed with the movie. I had read the book so I thought I would be immune (pun intended) to the horror of the movie. Didn't happen. This movie scared me to death and I've seen a lot of movies over the years. I have a collection of over 2,000 and they are of all genres from the original Charlie Chan to The Sound of Music. I've been a movie buff all of my life (and I am l old. LOL ).

The second time through I was able to make out most of the conversations. I found it interesting about Israel and the "10th Man" coda. I wonder if that is true. I'll have to research it. I liked it a lot.

I was also very impressed with the acting. There are a lot of really fine actors in the movie and they did a good job. Actually, I think one of the best things about the movie is the brilliant casting.

This is a very, very difficult movie to watch. I do believe that I can't find any flaws in it at all. The story is the monster and I was exhausted throughout both viewings. Great camera work. All the characters were spot on and I always find that interesting when having characters from all around the world.

I liked this movie a lot.
I just watched it last night, Agree on everything you said. Great movie. From the beginning to the end never a dull moment. I never read the book, but was skeptical when it first came out and everyone was expecting a zombie movie, zombies eating people, cause I love zombie movies and of course The Walking Dead, but was very surprised how good this movie was. Oh and of course it stars of my favorite actors ever, Brad.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:47 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,976 times
I'm not a huge Brad Pitt fan but I saw WWZ and enjoyed it a lot! Also, recently watched the croods, now u see me, identity thief, olympus has fallen, the conjuring, and a few others...

Old 09-19-2013, 01:07 PM

211 posts, read 373,200 times
The Brass Teapot and Somebody Up there Likes Me both on netflix.

Both are interesting movies and worth watching in my opinion.

Somebody Up There Likes Me (2012) - IMDb

Old 09-19-2013, 04:25 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Watched Game Change with Julianne Moore, et al. She was absolutely amazing. About John McCain's presidential campaign and especially regarding Sarah Palin. My daughter told me about it a while back after she saw it on HBO, so I added it to my DVD queue on Netflix when it showed up there. Fascinating. I never liked her, but the movie gave me more compassion for her - not to say it made me like her, it didn't. But, I felt for her being a woman away from her family and way out of her league, and the pressure she was under was so intense. Anyway, I loved it. So well done.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,235 times
Betrayal of a Friend (?)
It was on Youtube. A woman's good friend had an affair with the woman's hunky teenage son. The woman was about 40; he was about 18. Sharon Lawrence and Brian Austin Green starred.
This was an average movie, even for Lifetime.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:16 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Just bought the dvd "Get Low" at the local mom and pop used cd/dvd/record store and watched it last night. I had seen it when it came out a few years ago. I've been a Robert Duval for the last couple decades and his performance in this movie is exceptional. It has an interesting story line to it and it was based on factual events.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:04 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
I just tried to watch The Ghost Writer with Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor. I made it an entire 27 minutes.

The acting was fine, cinematography was great, blah blah. I just couldn't make myself care. Couldn't forget that these were actors playing parts. I think casting has to consider who the audience will be able to forget about being actors in certain movies. Pierce Brosnan, as much as I love him, is always Pierce Brosnan....as a thief, a father, a lover, a whatever. And I accept that while I watch the movie. But, try and make me forget who he is and pretend he's a former prime minister? I just couldn't do it.

Maybe because I'm American and not as invested in the history? I don't know. All I could think of was ...here's Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor and they look great, but I really don't care about what's happening here. Sorry.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:50 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
Downfall (2004), aka Der Untergang / The Downfall: Hitler and the End of the Third Reich. Starring Bruno Ganz as Adolf Hitler during the final days. Many scenes you've heard about. I was expecting a more grusome movie, but it wasn't, imho, ymmv. I liked it. Bruno Ganz played an Angle in Wings of Desire, not he's like the devil in Downfall.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:13 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,752 times
Deadfall - quite okay.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM

211 posts, read 373,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
Last movie in the theatre: The Spectacular Now.

Last movie in general (on TV): The Fast & the Furious

How was spectacular now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.