Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times

Advertisements

Here his speech after he breaks down
Here it is word for word folks!!!! Nothing is over...Nothing! You just don't turn it off.It wasn't my war. You asked me, I didn't ask you and I did what I had to do to win but somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world, see all those maggots at the airport protesting me, spitting, calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me. Huh?! Who are they unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they're yellin about! It was a bad time for everyone, Rambo, it's all in the past now. For you! For me civilian life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back I watch yours. Back here there's nothing! Your the last in the elite group, Don't end it like this. Back there I could fly a gun ship, drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment... back here I can't even hold a job parking cars!!Huh!!
Oh my god where is everybody? Gosh I had a friend, went in the Air Force, all these guys, man, back there I always fight with guys who were my friends cause back here theres nothin.

Remember the airforce,Danforth with his black headband, I took one of his magic markers that he said he found and mailed it to Las Vegas cause we're always talkin about Vegas. And this *beep* car, this red 58 chevy convertible, always talkin about this car he said we was going to cruise to the tires fall off...we were in this bar in Saigon, and this kid come up,this kid carring this shoe shine box and they said "uh, shine please, shine" and I said no and he kept askin yeah and Joey said yeah. And I went to get a couple beers and the box was wired and he opened up the box *beep* blew his body all over the place and he's layin there *beep* screamin his pieces all over me.like I'm trying to pull him off,you know, and my friend is all over me! He's got blood and everything and I'm trying to hold him together an puttin the guy's *beep* intrails keeps fallin out.
And nobody would help. Nobody would help and he's saying "Please I wanna go home, I wanna go home" he keeps calling my name ""I want to go home, Johnny. I wanna drive my Chevy," I said, "With what? I can't find your *beep* legs! I can't find your legs."

I can't get it out of my head. I dream this seven years, every day it happens. Sometimes I wake up and I don't know where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day. Sometimes a week. I can't put it out of my mind.
IMDb :: Boards :: First Blood (1982) :: speech from watching over 200 times..i ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 AM

231 posts, read 869,144 times
Best scene in the movie..

Trautman I don't think you understand. I didn't come to rescue Rambo from you. I came here to rescue you from him.
Teasle: Well, we all appreciate your concern Colonel, I will try to be extra careful!
Trautman: I'm just amazed he allowed any of your posse to live.
Teasle: Is that right?
Trautman: Strictly speaking, he slipped up. You're lucky to be breathing.
Teasle: That's just great. Colonel, you came out here to find out why one of your machines blew a gasket!
Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:08 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnFire View Post
Best scene in the movie..

Trautman I don't think you understand. I didn't come to rescue Rambo from you. I came here to rescue you from him.
Teasle: Well, we all appreciate your concern Colonel, I will try to be extra careful!
Trautman: I'm just amazed he allowed any of your posse to live.
Teasle: Is that right?
Trautman: Strictly speaking, he slipped up. You're lucky to be breathing.
Teasle: That's just great. Colonel, you came out here to find out why one of your machines blew a gasket!
Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best.

nice scene

Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Teasle: Are you telling me that 200 of our men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?
Trautman: You send that many, don't forget one thing.
Teasle: What?
Trautman: A good supply of body bags.

LOL

Old 12-12-2009, 05:12 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Here his speech after he breaks down
Here it is word for word folks!!!! Nothing is over...Nothing! You just don't turn it off.It wasn't my war. You asked me, I didn't ask you and I did what I had to do to win but somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world, see all those maggots at the airport protesting me, spitting, calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me. Huh?! Who are they unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they're yellin about! It was a bad time for everyone, Rambo, it's all in the past now. For you! For me civilian life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back I watch yours. Back here there's nothing! Your the last in the elite group, Don't end it like this. Back there I could fly a gun ship, drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment... back here I can't even hold a job parking cars!!Huh!!
Oh my god where is everybody? Gosh I had a friend, went in the Air Force, all these guys, man, back there I always fight with guys who were my friends cause back here theres nothin.

Remember the airforce,Danforth with his black headband, I took one of his magic markers that he said he found and mailed it to Las Vegas cause we're always talkin about Vegas. And this *beep* car, this red 58 chevy convertible, always talkin about this car he said we was going to cruise to the tires fall off...we were in this bar in Saigon, and this kid come up,this kid carring this shoe shine box and they said "uh, shine please, shine" and I said no and he kept askin yeah and Joey said yeah. And I went to get a couple beers and the box was wired and he opened up the box *beep* blew his body all over the place and he's layin there *beep* screamin his pieces all over me.like I'm trying to pull him off,you know, and my friend is all over me! He's got blood and everything and I'm trying to hold him together an puttin the guy's *beep* intrails keeps fallin out.
And nobody would help. Nobody would help and he's saying "Please I wanna go home, I wanna go home" he keeps calling my name ""I want to go home, Johnny. I wanna drive my Chevy," I said, "With what? I can't find your *beep* legs! I can't find your legs."

I can't get it out of my head. I dream this seven years, every day it happens. Sometimes I wake up and I don't know where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day. Sometimes a week. I can't put it out of my mind.
IMDb :: Boards :: First Blood (1982) :: speech from watching over 200 times..i ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIgVrOy9vM

Old 02-04-2015, 10:38 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Lightbulb *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690
That would have been missing the whole point of the movie. The cops had no valid reason to roust John out of town.
No they didnt... THEY CAUSED ALL OF IT!!!!

Like John said "THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD" -- They sure did..... They saw John as a Military person and many ppl do not like them for the way they treat ppl badly in other countries....... IT WAS NOT JOHNS FAULT THAT MR. GALT WAS KILLED WHEN HE FELL OUT OF THE HELICOPTER....... It was Karma that got him... HE WAS GONNA KILL JOHN!!!

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER!!!! -- They sure picked the wrong guy!!!!!! (Im glad I found a good copy (In SP mode))

Old 02-05-2015, 05:28 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
Back there I can fly a gun ship, I can drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job parking cars.

First Blood was about his mind not being right. Was about his unsuccessful transition to civilian life. There was no way he wasn't going to let the Sheriff know he was not going to be pushed around.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:00 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
I know people get sick of hearing this, but ...

As much as I enjoyed the movie (it is a great movie), the book is better. Way more psychological depth of both Rambo and the sheriff.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:03 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Many of us were treated as bad as Rambo when we got back. Just, most didn't react the way he did. And, I love the movie.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:11 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
I liked all the Rambo movies though it's different/tough looking back at them now. They were definitely Stallone's best efforts. First Blood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies