Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM

26 posts, read 77,638 times

Advertisements

Hello! Need help trying to figure out who did this one. This song was certainly not on the radio. Probably from late 70's to early 80's "New Wave" sounding. Thought it was from BUDGIE, but searched the discography and didn't come up with it. Searched on every engine imaginable to no avail. Hoping someone out there has the album this song is on.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 02:52 PM

250 posts, read 463,897 times
Could this be it?

The boys are on the town tonight
Taxi cabs, drinks all around and neon lights
And down at Roseland their getting it right
Just listening to that band

And Louie says these are the good old days
Cause this time tomorrow we'll be somewhere far away
Who wants to live forever anyway?
Let's get it while we can

Moderator cut: only partical lyrics allowed on the public forums.
Surely you already knew this?

"Howl" lyrics by Tony Carey.

Last edited by 2goldens; 07-22-2009 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: removed lyrics ©

Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Hey thanks, but that's not it. Some of the lyrics....

....some unsuspecting friend or foe
who knows who goes there
shadows hide their blood shot eyes
then meet in sweet alliance....
....Daddy don't give up tonight
come on then everything's alright
tonight there's nothing not allowed
tonight we're on the prowl.

Recently found an old home made cassette with this on it, but for the life of me, don't know who it is. This is what happens when you really prefer obscure music, but your memory isn't what it used to be!
Thanks for trying, though!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Question Can't Find A Song/ Lyrics Search Thread - (Use this thread for song searching)

I did a google search but can't find it, I'm looking for a song with the line, "I'd rather walk on broken glass than see you cry". I don't even know who sings it, man or woman or if it's an old song or what. I hope someone's familiar with the line and can post the song title. Thanks

Old 06-14-2010, 11:19 AM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
Lets use this thread as a general song search thread rather than many loose threads in MUSIC. OK?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:34 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
k, thank you.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,102 times
I have an old cassette with "On The Prowl" on it. I believe it was performed by a band called Cats, (this is what's indicated on the cassette) however I haven't been able to find any information on the band or the song.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:01 AM

Thanks very much for that info! I will also try to find info on it.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:58 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,273,353 times
I've been trying to help out, but to no avail...

Old 07-09-2010, 07:34 PM

6 posts, read 9,498 times
Default Help with name of Rolling Stone's Song

I'm really sorry, cause I dont think this kind of thread belongs here. (but once I get an answer, you guys can delete it) There is a really good rolling stones song that I keep hearing, but dont know the name. Unfortunately, I dont know any lyrics , but It begins with a well known trumpet or saxophone rift. I wish i could hum it to you, lol, but I cant. its just about 8 notes, but it repeats a few time. If anyone has any idea, please help (sorry I couldn't add more info)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music