Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times

Advertisements

Livin' In A House Full Of Love - David Houston

Livin' In A House Full Of Love---David Houston - YouTube

Then You Walk In - Sammi Smith

Sammi Smith - Then You Walk In - YouTube

The Prisoner's Song - Hank Snow

Hank Snow - Prisoner's Song (1964 original version) - YouTube

England Swings - Roger Miller

ROGER MILLER- " ENGLAND SWINGS " (W / LYRICS) - YouTube

Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
Some songs from my childhood.

France Gall - Ella, Elle L'a - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4pEk...A69216F1452F00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCsCeugXh70

Old 09-08-2011, 03:49 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,146,066 times

Metro Station - Shake It - YouTube

Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Default Rickey Washington- 'After Lovin You'

Funk Dancers 12 - YouTube

Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times

1. Evolver - The Arka Teks - YouTube

Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,499,488 times

Strangers on Steel Horses - YouTube!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,146,066 times

Usher - More (Official Music) [HQ] - YouTube

Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,756,315 times
Three songs that I've had on "repeat" this year...

1. "Black And Yellow" - Wiz Khalifa

I like the fact that it hasn't been scrubbed sterile in spite of the fact that it's all digital. There's some ambiance to the track that far too many hip-hop songs have lacked in the last 10 years. I also like that Wiz Khalifa enunciates well enough that I don't have to look up the lyrics to find out if he said what I think he just said, the way I had to when the Ying Yang Twins were popular. (He even says "floor" in the song instead of "flo'!") Most of all, though, I like the fact that he's from Pittsburgh, and it's nice to see the city back on the map of pop culture. This song is a celebration of not only Pittsburgh, but the Steelers too, and, with due respect to the "Super Bowl Shuffle," this is the only football anthem ever to reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, and anybody who doubts the size, influence and magnitude of the Steelers fan base has some evidence against them now. A fan base would have to be very large in order to send a song to the top of any music chart, let alone the granddaddy of them all.

2. "Something To Believe In" - Parachute

This song has a hopeful vibe to it, which is exactly what I needed after a series of unfortunate events in 2010. It's very well-written, and it starts off with a bit of a resigned and introspective tone, but once the bass line and extra instrumentals kick in, it starts to "rise up." The chorus is what first got me turned on to the song, though. It makes me feel good, and motivated too. It's an excellent song for Interstate cruising too, which I guess can be attributed both to its motivational quality and its steady rhythm. And I've always been a sucker for harmonies, so the choir providing the backup vocals is a nice touch, especially when they join in on the final chorus. That helps pull the whole song together for a resounding climax. Great song.

3. "Lies Of The Beautiful People" - Sixx: A.M.

This is straightforward hard rock, which is good for anybody's musical diet. It has some interesting guitar work, like the odd note right before the verses kick in, plus the "lazy" notes during the verses themselves. I like the fact that the song has a pre-chorus between the verses and the chorus, because it adds a layer to the song that a lot of verse/chorus/verse songs today don't have. Just like with Parachute's song, the chorus is what reeled me in: it absolutely soars in this song, and the vocals could generate electricity. I also like the guitar solo in the middle of the song, both for the key change and the way it builds suspense before entering the final two choruses. The first of the final two choruses is stripped down, but the vocals are still powerful, as is the repeated thumping of the bass drum, and the stripped-down instrumentals also reveal a lot of the underlying layers of melody that add warmth to the song. The second of the final two choruses brings the song all together for a resounding conclusion, including that funny note at the very end. Music snobs seem to think that mainstream rock music is lame these days, but apparently they're not listening closely enough, because it's more layered and complex than it seems, and that shows good song-writing skills. It's actually written a lot like a song from the 1980's, with its pre-chorus and it's double-chorus at the end with the first one stripped down.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,820 times
Default Frederic Delarue - A Message Of Love

* Within streaming passages of Starlight... laid enchanting gardens with soft velvety lush lawns underfoot... Our Feeling's refinement... Reveal precious gems of colours... Surrounded by living lights with lives of their own...

*Recites whilst Our Soaring Begins...*

........Nor do We merely feel these Essences
For one short hour;

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
..swaying..
moonlight shining radiant...
classic sounds, surrounding..
colours skipping across the water..

Sway - YouTube
no, even as the Trees that whisper round a Temple become soon
Dear as The Temple's Self...

Frederic Delarue - A Message Of Love

~*

so does the Moon...

*...a Soaring Dance upon shifting stonework whether a Celestial Terrace or Calm Crystal Seas...*

MoonLight on the Sea

YouTube - MoonLight on the Sea

KnightShadow

Old 09-08-2011, 02:06 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
I doubt my grandmother let my twelve year old mother watch this.

If It Ain't One Man (1933) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music