Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 09:13 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,612,396 times

Advertisements

I like the raw sound of this video. No recording studio magic or even a live audience to interfere with the sound. Just a band playing their stuff. This song has been stuck in my head for a week, too. It's very catchy.

The music starts at 1:22 if anyone wants to skip the intro:

Reckless Kelly perform "Alphabet City Blues" on the Texas Music Scene - YouTube

Old 11-01-2011, 10:27 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,500,573 times

Adele - Rolling In The Deep - YouTube

Old 11-01-2011, 11:51 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,839,262 times

Eve 6 - Think Twice - YouTube

Old 11-01-2011, 02:23 PM

26,820 posts, read 22,597,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post

Nomadicus's Zvezda - ZHURAVLI intensifies the river's flow with memories and dreams...beautiful! if ever a song was made from tears thru musical notes alone, this one is it...hearts presses closer...shields melt....swooning solace of Russian Soul feelings...*
KnightShadow - just to let you know;this particular song in its original version came out in 1969, shortly before the death of a very popular singer back in those times, who practically "invented" this song. ( The history behind this song is quite interesting)
Zhuravli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( The original words of this song have been changed and that changed the whole meaning of the original poetry, so here is the lyrics;

"Sometimes it seems to me that the soldiers,
Which haven't returned from blood's fields,
Haven't layed in our land,
But have turned into white cranes.
Moderator cut: Copyright infringement.Do not post whole lyrics.

[LEFT]http://lyricstranslate.com [/LEFT]

It's one of the MOST RECOGNIZABLE songs ever written on a subject of WWII, (or Great Patriotic War)
I was surprised to hear the "contemporary" version, but anyways here is the original one ( here it used with a trailer of an earlier made movie (1957), that was also called "The Cranes are flying"

The Cranes Are Flying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttyoe...D1C117BD98A390

(I thought you might like to learn something like that...)

Last edited by BigSwede; 11-02-2011 at 02:57 AM..

Old 11-01-2011, 02:33 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,521,558 times

Lionel Richie - Do it to Me - YouTube

Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM

1,022 posts, read 11,563,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
KnightShadow - just to let you know;this particular song in its original version came out in 1969, shortly before the death of a very popular singer back in those times, who practically "invented" this song. ( The history behind this song is quite interesting)
Zhuravli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( The original words of this song have been changed and that changed the whole meaning of the original poetry, so here is the lyrics;

"...But have turned into white cranes.
From those distant times
They fly and we hear their voices.
Is it because so often and so sadly
We are falling silent and looking into heaven?
...."
Lyrics: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/zhurav...li-cranes.html

It's one of the MOST RECOGNIZABLE songs ever written on a subject of WWII, (or Great Patriotic War)
I was surprised to hear the "contemporary" version, but anyways here is the original one ( here it used with a trailer of an earlier made movie (1957), that was also called "The Cranes are flying"

The Cranes Are Flying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtyoeZ0uB_U&feature=results_video&playnext =1&list=PLE8D1C117BD98A390

(I thought you might like to learn something like that...)
*blurry eyed...come in to play songs while preparing for a day of "real", grimaces to Myself...click to... whoa!! rub eyes staring! A huge smile spreads!*

Lady ERASURE YES!!!! Yes, You understand...Last night when I heard this song...the tears of memories ripped through My mind and heart like a tidal wave! As if I was feeling/seeing/experiencing a remnant of a life, not mine but for a moment, felt Mine...as if it had been My own! The ache! The communion of ache...

Beautiful the movie clips above...poignant capturing of a common Soul experience of young men, young women, desiring fulfillment of their dreams amidst the national calling for war...

(clicked the translated link but it didn't link me to the song.)

Thank You Thank You for yes, I REALLY appreciated the time You took with the above post. I wanted to repond to You right away before departing for the day!

KnightShadow

Last edited by KnightShadow; 11-01-2011 at 03:32 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 4 days ago)

52,709 posts, read 48,010,235 times
Ever had the feeling that you were just someplace, just 'there'?? This song practically takes me to that point, even if I wasn't really there. Nice piece from the sixties.

Cherry Hill Park - Billy Joe Royal

BILLY JOE ROYAL- "CHERRY HILL PARK" - YouTube

And the following selection is just another song to make me look at a sunrise on a road trip. I still remember some early Saturday mornings in Central Texas and this song just might be playing on my car radio. The original is not available on YouTube, so below is an excerpt of it from Sonny and Bob, "caught on tape" in a live performance. My apologies in advance for the entry beginning already in progress.

Roll, Muddy River - Osborne Brothers

Osborne Brothers Roll Muddy River - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasradiofish View Post
Now this one takes the cake right there. You don't see this combo every day. Interesting stuff.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM

9,631 posts, read 820,795 times

Old 11-01-2011, 04:16 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,795,104 times
Bobby Womack - If You Think You're Lonely Now

Bobby Womack - "If You Think You're Lonely Now" - YouTube

Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM

26,820 posts, read 22,597,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
*blurry eyed...come in to play songs while preparing for a day of "real", grimaces to Myself...click to... whoa!! rub eyes staring! A huge smile spreads!*

Lady ERASURE YES!!!! Yes, You understand...Last night when I heard this song...the tears of memories ripped through My mind and heart like a tidal wave! As if I was feeling/seeing/experiencing a remnant of a life, not mine but for a moment, felt Mine...as if it had been My own! The ache! The communion of ache...

Beautiful the movie clips above...poignant capturing of a common Soul experience of young men, young women, desiring fulfillment of their dreams amidst the national calling for war...

(clicked the translated link but it didn't link me to the song.)

Thank You Thank You for yes, I REALLY appreciated the time You took with the above post. I wanted to repond to You right away before departing for the day!

KnightShadow
You are welcome, and while I am at it - this is the second famous song ( Dark in the Night) related to the WWII performed by the same singer - I don't like the remakes.
Being raised by our grand-parents generation ( i.e. war generation) I am well acquainted with original versions.

Mark Bernes - Tyomnaja noch (

Dark in the Night

Dark in the night
Bullet’s whistling all over the steppe,
Only wind’s humming up in the wires,
Only stars dimly twinkle.
Moderator cut: Copyright violation.

Last edited by BigSwede; 11-07-2011 at 03:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music