Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 06:27 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times

Advertisements

It's Hump Day once again in America and the world, and we've got a few more days until something a little more important happens (I'll bet you can't guess, can you? ). And this morning, Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring. Yayyyyyyy! Hope he's right. In the meantime, you folks enjoy the music tonight.

It's the middle of the week....................on the way to the weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 07:22 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's Hump Day once again in America and the world, and we've got a few more days until something a little more important happens (I'll bet you can't guess, can you? ). And this morning, Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring. Yayyyyyyy! Hope he's right. In the meantime, you folks enjoy the music tonight.

It's the middle of the week....................on the way to the weekend!
awwwwwww!!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Just a little frozen right now.

That's right, right here in Dallas (20 degrees now).
So sorry Case I thought it was you that said it was going up into the 70's today!!!

It's still sonwing here!!!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Hey folks.......It's pretty warm here.....70 degrees. I hope everyone experiencing Winter's worst is OK and that our Australian posters have weathered the hurricane in Queensland. Windy but we did not even get any rain here....
thanks pitts, that was a the biggest we've had - cat 5, it was reduced to cat 4 by the time it hit land. Very happy to say that there have been no deaths or serious injury - most people got out before it hit.

Queenslanders have copped their fair share from Mother Nature in the past 40 or so days. there was one report that the size of the entire thing was nearly as big as north america. I find that hard to fathom.

check the link

How Cyclone Yasi compares in size to countries | Herald Sun

Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 PM

THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR -DIONNE WARWICK & FRIENDS

Keep smiling...that's what friends are for Ozgal!!

Hope your friends were there to help each other!!!! WOW can't imagine a twister that large. Run girl...move!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtGF2m102Wg

Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
thanks pitts, that was a the biggest we've had - cat 5, it was reduced to cat 4 by the time it hit land. Very happy to say that there have been no deaths or serious injury - most people got out before it hit.

Queenslanders have copped their fair share from Mother Nature in the past 40 or so days. there was one report that the size of the entire thing was nearly as big as north america. I find that hard to fathom.

check the link

How Cyclone Yasi compares in size to countries | Herald Sun
You are welcome...I went thru Hurricane Agnes in the 70's.....devasted Wilkes-Barre....Glad you're OK!
USATODAY.com - Hurricane Agnes still ranks as Pa.'s worst disaster

Pictures From Hurricane Agnes

Agnes in NEPA — 30+ years later, remembering Agnes

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MARKS 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF HURRICANE AGNES

After Agnes: The Agony of Wilkes-Barre - TIME

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/19...-like-a-flock/

Old 02-03-2011, 12:18 PM

TWISTER

I can't imagine how frightening it must be to see these coming at you!

So glad your safe!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P5OtkBOQgs

Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
That is never good. Make sure you always take cover in a basement, crawlspace, closet or bathtub if none of the above is available. The basement is the best and safest. Glad you are ok and made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNOiRTdnSDw

Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,103,176 times
Glad to hear everything's okay Ozgal

Pitt, I was in Albany, NY then and I don't remember that storm. Granted I turned 7 in 1972

I lived in S Florida from 1999 until 2007 and I witnessed many near misses an then came Wilma.

a category 5 storm, dropped to a 3 when it was over my house in Davie, our apartment had hurricane shutters, and it held up pretty well, but some of my neighbors had the roofs collapse or there cars flip over.

My Mom was a snow bird (lived in upstate NY in the Summer) and she spent her winters in Davie Fl in a senior citizen trailer park (the nicest trailer park I'd ever seen), I'd guess 150 of the 200 trailers in the place were totaled during Hurricane Wilma, my Moms included.

we went without power for 10 days and many went 3 weeks, palm trees and telephone poles and power lines littered all of the streets, most streets were closed.

Fun stuff

OK I found this one idiot who was out and about during the storm, and here's his account.

Hurricane Wilma Video News - Stock Photos, Radar, Satellite Image and Storm Chase Account

Old 02-03-2011, 05:26 PM

WOW Mother Nature can be so devistating!!!!! Glad to hear all is well after experiencing such terror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music