Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:56 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
When I want to relax and just listen to music I listen more to indie.
Just wondering who you like?

Edit: I just read you like Muse and Sigur Ros (in your profile) Thumbs up! Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:11 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I've already explained to you the obstacles faced by indie artist. If your memory is that short, scroll up and read earlier post. Try not to take what we're saying so personally while you're at it sheesh.
And how are those any different than "your mainstream" artist? They started performing on small stages. Someone "found" them. The record label sampled them. They recorded demos. They liked what they heard and promoted the record.

Quote:
Not the same as what you described in the least. In what way does this equate to the same types of shows Katy Perry puts on?
How is it not? Both are using "gimmicks" to help push/showcase the music.

Quote:
So he worked with a good production team? Didn't I say this earlier as well? Good production makes all the difference in the world. Thanks for proving my point. Katy Perry writes her songs but I know you don't think she produced them right? Like Cee-Lo, she has a great production team.
You discredit Katy for doing the same thing Cee Lo does... That's all I was making a point on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Just wondering who you like?

Edit: I just read you like Muse and Sigur Ros (in your profile) Thumbs up! Anyone else?
Was this question point at me or OP?

Answering your other question: I hate the Muse with a passion; they are so repetitive and boring. Never heard Sigur Ros.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

Answering your other question: I hate the Muse with a passion; they are so repetitive and boring. Never heard Sigur Ros.
I was asking the OP. That's why I quoted her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I got Muse and Sigur Ros from Naomi's profile.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
You are supposed to like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga because the media and corporations say so. But you don't have to.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:30 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
And how are those any different than "your mainstream" artist? They started performing on small stages. Someone "found" them. The record label sampled them. They recorded demos. They liked what they heard and promoted the record.

How is it not? Both are using "gimmicks" to help push/showcase the music.

You discredit Katy for doing the same thing Cee Lo does... That's all I was making a point on.

What's so funny is how seriously you seem to take it just because others criticize artist whom you like. Sorry you can't seem to handle that. Actually, no I'm not. I'm still not convinced that you don't have a real interest beyond what you say here in protecting their image on a forum.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
What's so funny is how seriously you seem to take it just because others criticize artist whom you like. Sorry you can't seem to handle that. Actually, no I'm not. I'm still not convinced that you don't have a real interest beyond what you say here in protecting their image on a forum.
Protecting an image? Now that, sir, is hilarious. I don't care what people think about the music I listen to.

I stated a fact which obviously you guys can't handle which is that they are talented. It's one thing to not like the music, it's another to say someone isn't talented. Again, if they weren't talented, they wouldn't be signed, getting #1's on the billboard charts, being nominated/winning grammys, having followup album success, etc.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:26 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Protecting an image? Now that, sir, is hilarious. I don't care what people think about the music I listen to.

I stated a fact which obviously you guys can't handle which is that they are talented. It's one thing to not like the music, it's another to say someone isn't talented. Again, if they weren't talented, they wouldn't be signed, getting #1's on the billboard charts, being nominated/winning grammys, having followup album success, etc.
its not a fact, but your opinion.
Thats fine. You appreciate pop, I'm not really a fan of this sort of music ~ and don't see that much talent in the those two ( perry & kesha,)

Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
its not a fact, but your opinion.
Thats fine. You appreciate pop, I'm not really a fan of this sort of music ~ and don't see that much talent in the those two ( perry & kesha,)
I appreciate all types of music, I don't focus on just one niche genre like most of the people on these boards.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
I appreciate all types of music, I don't focus on just one niche genre like most of the people on these boards.
and if so, thats their choice.

I'd say most of the posters on this board have a very good grasp on music, and different genres. Again, just a difference of opinion.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:

Proof that you don't read what's posted well as I accused you of that earlier. You seem to take it personally when someone says anything about them. Why? If people don't think they're talented how does that impact your life? And yes, they have chart topping songs. That doesn't prove talent. Just because someone has a drivers license doesn't mean they can drive well. If they didn't have their images, say they were overweight and homely looking, do you honestly believe they would be this popular? Be honest. You mentioned "they're not Britney Spears" in an earlier post. Didn't she also have songs high in the charts too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music