Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 AM

2,897 posts, read 20,338,963 times

Advertisements

I think Tyler is a truth teller and his way of crystalizing the experience felt--genius. Thank you so much for introducing this artist.

Yes, Mister Miaugie, Tyler most definitely captured the living soul of a depressed person. In Bastard and Nightmare he communicates the unvarnished bleakness... emotional isolation... tells of the resentment... the voices... and suicide attempts... allows us to walk in his shoes.

Emotionally arresting, very profound, he captures the essence of a generation's pain, regardless of social class. Page after page here validates Tyler's articulation regarding angst prevalent in teenage society. He is an important voice heard here.

Again, thank you, for your post.

Pere Ubu - 30 Seconds Over Tokyo (1976)

Pere Ubu - 30 Seconds Over Tokyo - YouTube

Turkish Doom Ambient

Turkish Doom ambient - YouTube

Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 AM

Default OP Post -- Xasthur - Instrumental

Klysm wanted the OP Post on every page so that resources for teens--Cry for Help--is only a click away. Pain is immediate and in this way did he want to answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klysm View Post
WARNING: Can be DISTURBING and Controversial!

Meaning CURRENT Black Hole Depressive Suicidal Music (DSM) & its Genres (DSBM, etc.) got a home HERE!

This music makes some depressives feel better & not alone.

--My peers asked me to start this & bypass the drama, cause we need&WANT music that goes beyond others' boundaries & strangling limitations so I am!

<!!=!=!!> Resources for Teens | Cry for Help | PBS <!!=!=!!>

INTER-generational music is ACCEPTED with Respect! (Means old & current is acceptable even if that old is 1000 years old!) Tragedy has a home here.

Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit

Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit - YouTube

Clinically Depressive songs gotta home here and ARE preferred!

==MEANING==

BRING songs of Depression which have a clinical definition--

--or music FROM singers who suffered from Depression --

--or songs from YOU who are clinically depressed --

--or songs by artists, created while being depressed or experiencing depression --

-- the kind you go to the hospital over.

Happier songs are acceptable ONLY from musicians who ARE suffering or who HAVE suffered from Depression BUT...

--an EXPLANATION is REQUIRED for Educational purposes!

Tell/Explain when HE/SHE was depressed, if they killed themselves-- THEN post their happier song--so we got some context you know?

An example is--

E.g. John Denver!
Write a couple sentences about his depression or suicide THEN post his happier songs.

Xasthur - Instrumental

Xasthur - Instrumental - YouTube

Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 AM

Default Stephen Fry - The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Part 1, 2 & Starving For Death & Solitude & Despair

There have been several requests for me to repost the Secret Life ... if I had time. No worries, I have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz_Flowers View Post

From a teen who requested no identifiers:

Even though the audio is sometimes messed up, i want to give other kids like me this video. It helped me a lot, espcially if you know Stephen Fry.

The video and audio mess up but it's the only way i can see my hero Stephen Fry.

Stephen Fry - The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Part 1

Stephen Fry-The Secret Life Of The Manic Depressive-Part 1 - YouTube

Starving For Death - Starving For Death

Starving For Death - Starving For Death - YouTube

Nocturnal Depression - Solitude and Despair

Nocturnal Depression - Solitude and Despair - YouTube

My solitude is cold
My despair is eternal...
- - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz_Flowers View Post

Though the youth above did not include Part 2, I was so taken with Part 1...

I must complete this for those also moved deeply by Part 1. I am grateful and thankful for the honest heart that felt free enough to share this video. I've learned much from listening to all of you and feel honored to be invited to your table.

Stephen Fry - The Secret Life Of The Manic Depressive - Part 2

Stephen Fry-The Secret Life Of The Manic Depressive-Part 2 - YouTube

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 06-11-2012 at 04:24 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 10:34 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,163 times
THE LAST NIGHT - SKILLET

Skillet- The Last Night-Lyrics - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music