Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 AM

79 posts, read 315,199 times

Advertisements

how has music helped to shape who you are right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:00 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I met my fiance on an R.E.M. message board!

Old 01-04-2008, 02:44 PM

751 posts, read 1,178,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlieisodd View Post
how has music helped to shape who you are right now?
Music is like refuge. When you have a bad day at work or when things aren't going too well, music can totally change your mood. I think Led Zeppelin's music is one of the best antidepressants I have found.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:33 AM

167 posts, read 396,426 times
Totally confused. My personal life right now is really bleak. Focusing on what I was before right now, I would say the following. I never met girls from the OC that actually liked real music. We often talk about keyboardists and wide variety of sounds. Some of it made us really horny but that's what you get when your around athletic, beach going types. A lot of people outside of the LA metro area wouldn't think about that. I think I do regret leaving them. That's life though. I listen mostly to classical. It's far better and I enjoy Beethoven the best.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Music is like refuge. When you have a bad day at work or when things aren't going too well, music can totally change your mood. I think Led Zeppelin's music is one of the best antidepressants I have found.
i second that-----led zepplin helps me get through chores that i hate--energizes me

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,281 times
Music has always been around me. My parents have always played it. My sister played her own. I was six when MTV came out. At first it was a fun thing and there were cute singers/bands I was interested in. Then as I got older I began to care about the words. I found a lot of great songs that were with me in good times and bad. In more recent times I got into singing. It is my favorite thing to do. I don't know how good I am at it, but it is great for getting emotions out, and it's nice to be a part of a song. I have records, tapes, CD's, and songs on my computer. I would never want to do without any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music