Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 08:21 PM

18,485 posts, read 31,694,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Because most people aren't buying music (that's a fact). Adele knows that, too, which is why she made sure that streaming is not available (at least not yet).

The younger generation is smart. They sent the message, which was received loud and clear, that they're not going to pay for a CD or album (or whatever they're calling them now lol) because they like one or two songs.

Eventually (the kids are smart but impatient), Adele's single will be all over the net. Just like every other song. That's the reality for recording artists today. Absent the restrictions that Adele employed, the money is in concerts.

I agree. I never buy music, not with all the sites to get it for free.

I tried for Adele, to hear it. Nothing comes up for her, or Michael Jackson for that matter. So I used my brain and typed in "Duffy", I figured anyone that likes "Adele" would probably like "Duffy" as well, and I was right. I found a person and went into the folder and sure enoght, there was "Adele" 25. I burned it and couldn't even listen to the whole thing, I hated it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 07:21 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,160,008 times
This songs lyrics reminds me of the Everything but the girl song from the 90's, It was also about a person trying to reach out to an old lover and was played many times per day. Both are good songs for thier genres.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:44 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
It's depressing rubbish, just like the rest of her stuff.
I'm with ^^^
My wife has her CDs. I was on a long trip with her and she was playing her CDs. Holy crap I wanted to slice my throat and drive off a cliff. I dont get that kind of sorrowful music. Her friends all make a big deal. Oh did you hear her sing on my god so sad. What the H?
Must be vagina music or something.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:08 AM

620 posts, read 640,028 times
Well, others may find it depressing, but I love her talent and her music. And I am thrilled that I'll be seeing her from the 8th row of Madison Square Garden in September!!

Old 12-17-2015, 09:14 PM

8,807 posts, read 10,264,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I'm with ^^^
My wife has her CDs. I was on a long trip with her and she was playing her CDs. Holy crap I wanted to slice my throat and drive off a cliff. I dont get that kind of sorrowful music. Her friends all make a big deal. Oh did you hear her sing on my god so sad. What the H?
Must be vagina music or something.
This summer I was on a car trip and my sister and her friend decided they both needed to grind my gears and play her 21 album. I had forgotten to charge my iPod and at the time I was awaiting a new phone so I couldn't tune it out I never in my life had the urge to jump out of a moving car like I did for that hour. Holy Christ that was complete torture.

I'm with you, I also don't get it. When I asked what about this person appeals to them they said something to the effect of "Every woman can relate to her music". Somehow I doubt that considering my Mother for instance thinks she's painfully overrated.

I actually didn't mind her at first, but after hearing that bloody "Rolling in the Deep" over and over and over again in 2011, I just couldn't take it anymore and the more I hear her (against my will), the more I find her music to be slightly stalker-ish.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 12-17-2015 at 09:45 PM..

Old 12-19-2015, 08:46 PM

709 posts, read 767,409 times
At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I should expound since my last post. I happen to think Adele is a great singer, and I really liked her stuff on "19", especially "Chasing Pavements" and "Right as Rain." I honestly think her album "21" is one of those rare records that actually lives up to the hype.

Personally, I just don't think her latest stuff is up to those works. Maybe she's going for a different sound - but to me it just sounds formulaic and way over-produced.

For the record, I thought Duffy with "Rockferry" was great.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:12 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,614,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post

I love it.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:22 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,290,638 times
I like Hello, good song, nice video, shot in Quebec (I think).

However I prefer Ellie Goulding right now, another good British female singer.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:23 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,300,452 times
It's not vagina music.

I have a vagina, and I find her music horribly depressing. I can't turn the station fast enough when her music is played. I recognize that her voice is lovely, but I cannot stand listening to her.

I agree with those who say it makes them want to slit their wrists.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:53 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,223,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
The video is Adele at her best worst. Turn off the pathetic whiny attempt at soul-searing lyrics, and just watch the visual....it is hilarious, so much shaking of the hair, so many wind machines working for the dramatic blowing clothes effect, slow mo close ups of dramatic head turning,etc. The usual silly, self-indulgent slop from a wretched songwriter and whiny vocalist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music