Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 05:05 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times

Advertisements

I don't know the name of it.

However, it does get occasional air play on your typical smooth jazz station.

I don't even know the artist or name (DJs are't they used to be, they like to keep that stuff secret these days), but I love it.

I heard it on a local radio station yesterday and I've spent the better of 24 hours trying to find it, as I want to add it to my favorite musics folder on YouTube.

Basically, here's what the song goes...

1. It starts off with this 1 minute long and steady synthesized organ sound.

2. A house music type of beat then kicks in.

3. After the house music type of beat, a Pianist start playing solo along with the house music. This continues through much of the remainder of the song. The synthesized organ sound is still occasionally masked under the house musicf beat and the Piano solo.

4. At the end, the Pianist ends their solo, and you just hear the house music type of beat continue.

5. The house music type of beat end and the the long and steady synthesized organ sound is heard again.

(end of song)

It would be greatly appreciate if anyone can help me find this song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Could you be more specific? lol

Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,665 times
I doubt this is it (no organ), but here goes anyway:

Marcos Ariel Green Eyes - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,665 times
Or maybe this?

Alex Bugnon This Time Around - YouTube

Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 PM

No, none of those are it.

The song I'm referencing has sort of an early 1990s sound to it. It doesn't have any other instruments in it, other than the steady house music beat, piano and synthesizer. There are no lyrics in it either, it's completely instrumental.

It's a really good driving song too.

I wish I could be more specific, but that's the best way I can describe the song (OP).

Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
If you have a smart phone get the Shazam app. If you hear a song open the app and it can name pretty much every major release. I use for end credit songs on TV all the time.

Welcome to Shazam

Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I don't know the name of it.

However, it does get occasional air play on your typical smooth jazz station.

I don't even know the artist or name (DJs are't they used to be, they like to keep that stuff secret these days), but I love it.

I heard it on a local radio station yesterday and I've spent the better of 24 hours trying to find it, as I want to add it to my favorite musics folder on YouTube.
I recently found out that through the stations website, they have a section of "recently played" or a "playlist" of songs. When I'm searching for something, I can usually find it by checking the website within an hour and the song will be listed there.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Perhaps something by Paul Hardcastle...?

Paul Hardcastle-Rain Forest - YouTube

Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Perhaps something by Paul Hardcastle...?

Paul Hardcastle-Rain Forest - YouTube
Funny thing about that song is I also couldn't find the name of it, and I happened to find it as I was looking for the name of the song in question in this thread.

But no, this isn't the song I heard on the radio that day. It may be a Paul Hardcastle song of course (just not that one), I'm still searching through his discography to see.

As for the radio station's playlist, the song in question was played during a rush hour mix by another DJ (not directly employed by the station nor was it played during regular programming), so I couldn't find it on the playlist.

I appreciate the help everyone.

If it helps, the song in question has a steady house beat similar to this song (while the pianist plays solo along with it).

Follow Me - Aly us - YouTube

Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
What is the radio station? I'm sure they have a recently played or playlist - some stations put up an entire month of lists. It's pretty cool since I've had to use it myself to find a song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music