Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 06:46 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,185 times

Advertisements

The last song of that night in Detroit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGR3m5Zs9Ic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 08:04 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,960 times
Chris had the ultimate "metal scream." One song that shows it off really well is the iconic Spoonman. It's really sad when someone takes their own life. My sympathy to his family.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:13 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Chris had the ultimate "metal scream." One song that shows it off really well is the iconic Spoonman. It's really sad when someone takes their own life. My sympathy to his family.
"Slaves and Bulldozers" as well!

Old 05-18-2017, 08:36 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
If it's suicide as news is now indicating (death by hanging), it's sad but also makes you wonder about what an individual could bottle up inside. Wasn't Robin Williams death pretty much a surprise too? I wonder if his last encore song hours before his death, Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying", was some sort of message. Supposedly that song was not the listed encore song, although I know bands can change it up at any time.
Robin Williams and Scott Weiland's deaths were surprises.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:02 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,958 times
I was not the biggest Soundgarden and Audioslave fan (though I am more on the Soundgarden side of the fence with regard to his two main bands), but I greatly respect what this guy did for hard rock music! Hell, even many metalheads respected this guy greatly! He will sorely be missed by the hard rock/metal community! RIP Chris! Hope you are having a blast jamming with the other departed greats now!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:46 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
I LOVE his vocals on Spoonman. this is just an awful, awful thing, I can't watch the videos of his last performance just yet. Seeing him so relaxed and at ease with his fans...Rest In peace, brother, break your rusty cage...and run.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
For me it all started in the late 80s with the Louder Than Love album. I wore that album out and I was hooked to their sound for good. I am speechless over his death. It truly doesn't make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOOgQtLI4M

Old 05-19-2017, 05:30 PM

509 posts, read 485,143 times
Statements from Chris' wife and police suggest that an overdose of Ativan (2 tablets after the show, possibly one before the show), which he took for anxiety, might have messed with his frame of mind in the hour before his death.

Chris Cornell: Police Report Details Singer's Final Hours - Rolling Stone

https://www.drugs.com/ativan.html

One side effect of the drug is that it can intensify suicidal thoughts.

Although this hasn't been confirmed (and probably never can be), it is kind of what I was suspecting all along. Cornell used to have his drugs and alcohol rock star days, but by all accounts he had been clean and sober for years. He wasn't known to be suicidal, and his Twitter feed had sweet messages to his mother and family this past week. I was thinking that perhaps he was on some kind of anti-depressant that might have triggered something dark in his mind. This is one reason why I try to avoid pharmaceuticals whenever possible...

RIP Chris. It really sucks if Ativan was to blame.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,185 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv_T8zzH19s

Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times
What a dark place he must've been in to take his own life with a 12 year old boy, a 13 year old girl and another 17 year old girl. So very sad.

He was a unique talent and I loved his work. Rest In Peace Chris Cornell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music