Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 12:37 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

The bitter old man is losing it.

Beatles fans triggered?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...s-in-the-world

Quote:
Legendary producer Quincy Jones is currently on the interview circuit in support of a new Netflix documentary and an American television special, and is eschewing the usual promotional pleasantries. In a new interview with New York Magazine, he discussed his first impressions of the Beatles in unsparing terms. “They were the worst musicians in the world,” he told interviewer David Marchese. “They were no-playing mother****ers.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 12:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Beatles fans triggered?

Is this news? They weren't known as virtuosos, by any means. Creative geniuses and visionaries? Yes. Incredible production (with George Martin)? Of course.

I would say "good enough" covers their musicianship.

To me, the bigger news out of that article is that Q claims to have dated Ivanka Trump.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:58 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Obviously they weren't anywhere near as good as the guys Quincy was accustomed to working with, but this is a massively hyperbolic and hypocritical statement just to draw attention to his washed up career.

If they were so bad, why did he accept an Oscar on their behalf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9WPx1qNkY

Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
McCartney was/is a HELL of a bass guitar player, and Harrison had a nice style. Lennon, Meh. Ringo was steady. What more do you need?

Old 02-07-2018, 04:39 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,647 times
Quote:

Beatles fans triggered?

Are you sure you're not taking what he said in the wrong way? Because just from the first two paragraphs of the article(emphasis mine)...

Quote:
Legendary record producer Quincy Jones has described the Beatles as “the worst musicians in the world” as he recalled meeting the band for the first time during an interview to promote a new Netflix documentary and US television special.

In the new interview with New York Magazine, he discussed his first impressions of the Beatles in unsparing terms. “They were the worst musicians in the world,” he told interviewer David Marchese. “They were no-playing mother****ers. Paul [McCartney] was the worst bass player I ever heard.”
So to me, it doesn't sound like he's attacking the Beatles, but that he was just telling the truth about how he felt about his first impressions of the Beatles.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:59 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Each member of the Beatles? Like wine. With age they became finer.

Quincy? He just became old and bitter.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:43 PM

545 posts, read 411,672 times
Who cares if they were not virtuoso musicians. Perfection is dull and overrated. The fact remains that they were an amazing group of personalities that eventually made some of the most brilliant and creative rock music of all time.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:55 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Each member of the Beatles? Like wine. With age they became finer.

Quincy? He just became old and bitter.
I looked at the article again, and you guys are right. Because after seeing him criticize other people... he wasn't just recalling what he first thought about the Beatles, but it looks like he is throwing everyone that he knows under the bus.

Also, too bad Quincy is apparently too senile now to realize that what he's doing isn't adding to his legacy as a great musician, or as a human being.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:52 AM

587 posts, read 225,345 times
Quote:

Beatles fans triggered?
Indeed I am!!!!

The beatles were the BEST in the early years..... (62-66) -- I love every song!!!!!! (And most every song after that)

Old 02-08-2018, 04:03 AM

89 posts, read 66,705 times
John Lennon sang of peace, love, and brotherhood but he actually was abusive to his family sometimes. What a contradiction he was. Maybe hi liked penis and liked to 'love' men and his brothers but though lowly of his wife. Silly guy. He reminds me of Ghandi the public pacifist that said that his wife was an 'object' another contradiction. So many of the 'peace' dudes back then were only putting on shows... idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music