Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times

Advertisements

Two concerts come to mind that were the best that I ever saw, one was in 1965 when the Beatles came to Washington, DC, I got an autographed album from them at that concert and the other was in 1973, when Elvis Pressley held his concert at Cole's Field House at the University of Maryland, those are two of the best concerts that I ever went to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 03:50 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
Grew up near Chicago so the concert scene was never ending. Every week some huge act was playing and ticket prices were very reasonable!!!

Saw an unbelievable amount of concerts. The absolute best was: PINK FLOYD

June 19, 1977 -Chicago @ Soldier Field - - - -" Animals Tour "
ALSO
April 24, 1994 - Tempe, AZ @ Sun Devil Stadium - - " Division Bell "

Elaborate show(s)- Their live performances turned into spectacles that featured films, back projection with their circular projection screen, amazing lights, inflatables and theatrical effects (( A 40 FT HIGH INFLATABLE PIG FLOATING OVER OUR HEADS)) , huge sound system, flashing lights and exploding fireworks.

Pink Floyd is the ULTIMATE rock experience.
I saw them the same year at Milwaukee County Stadium, same tour. They are by far the best band I have ever seen live. And growing up in the Milwaukee area in the 70's we went to at least one concert a week in the winter and many during the summer. Saw Pink Floyd everytime I got the chance and every show was exellent!!

Old 06-06-2009, 03:54 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,804 times
The Stones in 81 at the Kingdome

Old 08-05-2009, 10:54 PM

421 posts, read 1,566,347 times
Would like to see Yngwie Malmsteen in concert. This could happen, though, if he tours the U.S. some time in the next several years. As far as wish I could see but can't, I'll go with Black Sabbath with Randi Rhoads, or traveling back in time to 1989 to see Yngwie live in Leningrad. Having that concert on VHS is awesome, but it would have been amazing to have been there.

Best concert I've seen was Michael Schenker Group on June 27'th of this year. Michael was in top form for the U.S. tour this summer and healthy. The whole band was amazingly tight.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 PM

5,431 posts, read 29,174,116 times
Lots to choose from....
Frank Zappa 1980 Joes Garage tour
Bruce Springsteen 1978 about 5th row center
Pink Floyd
G3- Vai/Satriani/Malmsteen

Missed Jimi, SRV
Would like to see Tom Petty, but I won't go to arena shows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music