Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 09:02 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,589,360 times

Advertisements

I'm sort of surprised it took nearly 50 pages before Iggy Pop showed up as he had a number of great songs in the 80's.

This Cars song is closely associated with Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

YouTube - The Cars - Moving In (((STEREO))) Test Video

Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,640,986 times
Just heard this song on the radio .

YouTube - INXS - The One Thing

Old 10-26-2008, 01:38 PM

726 posts, read 2,270,177 times
"Most Popular Girl" - Theresa and The Weirz (Teen Witch Soundtrack)
"Boys" - Sabrina Salerno

Old 10-26-2008, 07:54 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,689 times
Thumbs up To the Master!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Just heard this song on the radio .

YouTube - INXS - The One Thing
Another great tune 6/3. That is why your the Guru!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Thumbs up Native Texas 80's

Of course being from Texas I have to throw some King George at ya!!!
I love rock, But I still have my roots! Plus the Cowgirls beat Tampa!!!

YouTube - GEORGE STRAIT-♪ AMARILLO BY MORNING-HQ-Music Video

YouTube - George Strait - The Fireman ( High Quality Guaranteed ! )

YouTube - George Strait - Baby's Gotten Good At Goodbye

Pipeweld

Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,640,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
Another great tune 6/3. That is why your the Guru!!!
LOL....not sure about the part about me being the GURU .

Everybody has always has great 80's jams on here !!!

YouTube - Skid Row - I Remember You

Old 10-27-2008, 04:31 PM

4,744 posts, read 4,059,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
HEY! I used to listen to KROQ in the early 80's! I saw the Poor Man at a Ska gig once, and someone had stolen his shirt. He was running around shirtless and was offering free CD's to whoever would bring him his tshirt back.
Thank you, Redbird, for the Halloween treat. The Specials "Ghost Town" is one of my favorite songs from the 1980's. I'm very fortunate to have among my vinyl collection an import 45 of the song that I received as a birthday present while in high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
P.S. I was also a regular listener of KROQ back when their tagline was "Rock of the 80s". Loveline, as in Dr. Drew, began one night with Poorman's Sunday evening show, along with Swedish Eagle. Once the callers started asking tougher questions, they realized they need a professional to answer the clinical stuff. Dr. Drew wasn't even a real doc at the time - he was a med student. Fast forward - they totally jacked Poorman and now Dr. Drew is a household name. Richard Blade also did a better job of the morning show than Kevin & Bean - who really aren't that funny. Ralph Garman is the only one with any talent to speak of there.

I stopped listening to KROQ once they switched their playlist to "noise pollution".

Adam Carrolla, Jimmy Kimmel, and Carson Daly each worked for KROQ before they hit it big too. Does anyone remember Shadoe Stevens? He was their first DJ!
Well DontH8Me, I started listening to KROQ in mid 1979 when they still had that weird, hybrid format where they played New Wave, punk, and even metal from the likes of AC/DC. When Rick Carroll took over as programming director late 1979, early 1980 that's when they adopted the "The Rock of the Eighties" format. Some of my favorite DJ's from the heyday of KROQ were Raymond "Raymondo" Bannister, Freddy Snakeskin, Dusty Street, and Raechel Donahue. Way before "Loveline", I remember when Poorman was just some guy that lived in Huntington Beach that they would call in the morning to get the local surf report from. Ah, the good old days. I think I finally gave up on KROQ in 1996-97 because by then it sounded like every other radio station in Los Angeles.

Anyway, in honor of the good old days, I am dedicating the following two 80's rarities and one time staples on "The Rock of the Eighties" to my fellow KROQer's, Redbird and DontH8Me. Enjoy!

"Boy, you got great taste in music. Oh, you got fine taste in music. All them records sound like they been pressed off center. And I think you got a head to match the records..."

YouTube - Roni Griffith - Mondo Man

YouTube - Dear Mr. President - Hey Daddy Have You Ever Been Arrested

Old 10-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Default 80's Today

A couple I heard today on Sirus.

YouTube - The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong) MUSIC VIDEO

YouTube - Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love

Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM

Question ???????????????

Remember those early MTV days. This one did for me.

YouTube - John Cougar - Jack Diane 1982

Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,453,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
Thank you, Redbird, for the Halloween treat. The Specials "Ghost Town" is one of my favorite songs from the 1980's. I'm very fortunate to have among my vinyl collection an import 45 of the song that I received as a birthday present while in high school.

Well DontH8Me, I started listening to KROQ in mid 1979 when they still had that weird, hybrid format where they played New Wave, punk, and even metal from the likes of AC/DC. When Rick Carroll took over as programming director late 1979, early 1980 that's when they adopted the "The Rock of the Eighties" format. Some of my favorite DJ's from the heyday of KROQ were Raymond "Raymondo" Bannister, Freddy Snakeskin, Dusty Street, and Raechel Donahue. Way before "Loveline", I remember when Poorman was just some guy that lived in Huntington Beach that they would call in the morning to get the local surf report from. Ah, the good old days. I think I finally gave up on KROQ in 1996-97 because by then it sounded like every other radio station in Los Angeles.

Anyway, in honor of the good old days, I am dedicating the following two 80's rarities and one time staples on "The Rock of the Eighties" to my fellow KROQer's, Redbird and DontH8Me. Enjoy!

"Boy, you got great taste in music. Oh, you got fine taste in music. All them records sound like they been pressed off center. And I think you got a head to match the records..."

YouTube - Roni Griffith - Mondo Man

YouTube - Dear Mr. President - Hey Daddy Have You Ever Been Arrested
Whenever I think of KROQ in the 80s, this is the song that comes first in my mind:

YouTube - The Vandals - Ladykiller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music