Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:50 AM

3,102 posts, read 1,113,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
1964 Chevy- not the "cool" one but the 4 door POS. It would have been anything by Deep Purple, Sly Stone or Creedence.
It was 1979. The car was a 1963 Impala. Also, not the "cool" one. But the 4-door. And it was "utility white" !! I put a set of Corvette rally wheels and a pair of "glass-paks" on her and dubbed her "The Great White Buffalo". That was because of her size. And the Ted Nugent - "Double Live Gonzo" BLASTING in the Jensen 6x9's in the rear deck through the Pioneer 8-track and 100 watt amp/equalizer mounted under the dash. It seems like such a long time ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
It WAS a long time ago you old coot.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,231 times
1962...Pat Boone "April Love"

Old 07-17-2008, 12:37 PM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
'56 Ford Fairlane. Lear Jet 4/8 Track player. First 4 track bought was Rubber Soul by the Beatles. First 8 track was Beach Boys Wild Honey (loved the tiitle track, Darlin' was the chart hit, and has a GREAT version of Stevie Wonders "I Was Made to Love Her"). Still have the tape player, kept it for nostalgia. Kept the 8 track (and about 300 other 8 tracks). Why didn't I keep the Car? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!
A friend of mine that I went to high school with at Rye got his dad to pull an old relic from their "North 40" and they rebuilt it from the ground up and he had that thing cherry by the time he graduated high school. It was a two-tone white on yellow 57' Ford Fairlane. He went off to School of Mines in Denver and I haven't seen it or him since. I hear he's come back to the Greenhorn Valley. I wonder what became of the car.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 PM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly63 View Post
It was 1979. The car was a 1963 Impala. Also, not the "cool" one. But the 4-door. And it was "utility white" !! I put a set of Corvette rally wheels and a pair of "glass-paks" on her and dubbed her "The Great White Buffalo". That was because of her size. And the Ted Nugent - "Double Live Gonzo" BLASTING in the Jensen 6x9's in the rear deck through the Pioneer 8-track and 100 watt amp/equalizer mounted under the dash. It seems like such a long time ago
If you don't like the way I'm livin' you just leave this long-haired Country Boy alone..."

Ha! You'd be one of my older brothers age! I don't laugh too hard. He's only 4 years older than me. The age difference seemed so much greater back then.

That reminds me of my brother's 2nd or 3rd car in high school; a 74' Javelin with the Kenwood or Alpine stereo and the 6 x 9 Jensen coaxes or triaxes and he'd be blasting Camera by Yes or Head East or something.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:06 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
68 Firebird. Melanie was the first 8-track ever stuck into the tape player. I can still hear Leftover Wine and Lay Down, Candles in the Rain.

Then when I was in a roudy mood I stuck in Eric Burdon and the Animals. I can still hear House of the Rising Sun.

I also remember wearing out Van Halen, Running with the Devil and Black Sabbath, War Pigs.

When I bought a new powerful Pioneer cassette player with power booster and 4 Craig speakers, the first cassette that went into it was Pink Floyd, Dark side of the Moon. I remember whenever Us and Them came on we would all stop and say to eachother: And now our national Anthem at which time not a word would be spoken when Us and Them was on.

Oh man bring that music back.......................

Old 07-17-2008, 05:27 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,479 times
The place was Albuquerque New Mexico. Year 1975. What I was lestining to was radio station KRZY am playing country music in my green 1950 Chevy pick up. I can still here the crackling of those speakers.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:10 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
The place was Albuquerque New Mexico. Year 1975. What I was lestining to was radio station KRZY am playing country music in my green 1950 Chevy pick up. I can still here the crackling of those speakers.
Speakers???? In those days wasn't there just one single speaker in the front? They were pretty crappy huh. But we used to turn it up just short of distortion and love every second of it.

Albuquerque huh? That reminds me of an old song. Silly....it's an almost embarrassing artist to like but do you remember the song "Point me in the direction of Albuquerque"? David Casidy did that one in 1970. I just love the song.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:53 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Speakers???? In those days wasn't there just one single speaker in the front? They were pretty crappy huh. But we used to turn it up just short of distortion and love every second of it.

Albuquerque huh? That reminds me of an old song. Silly....it's an almost embarrassing artist to like but do you remember the song "Point me in the direction of Albuquerque"? David Casidy did that one in 1970. I just love the song.
When I bought the truck it had two speakers in it that had been taken from a dive-in movie theater. They had been mounted in the back "corners" of the cab. They looked kinda cool at the time but looking back they were pretty sad looking.
Yes I remember the song, my sister had the 45 rpm and played it over and over and over....

Old 07-19-2008, 01:43 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
68 beetle, witchy woman, the Eagles, and yes it was the old 8-track
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music