Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 09:39 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times

Advertisements

My fiancee are looking for a wedding song that is really "us" and we both love Sugarland and Jennifer Nettles' voice. We like the song "You Just Might (Make Me Believe)" because we can relate to it. We are just starting out in the world (beginning our careers, buying a house/financing a wedding all on our own, etc...) and at times it's been a struggle, but we've gotten through it simply by being together. The song addresses those issues and the lyrics seem to alternate between between frustration and hope, but ultimately it seems like the message is hopeful. We're just wondering if anyone has heard the song at a wedding recently, or is planning on using. I just want everyone at our reception to "get it" when they hear the song. Here are the lyrics:

I got miles of trouble
Spreadin far and wide
Bills on the table
Gettin higher and higher
They just keep on comin
There aint no end in sight
I'm just holdin on tight

I got someone who loves me
More than words can say
And I'm thankful for that
Each and every day
And if I count all my blessings
I get a smile on my face
Still it's hard to find faith

But if you can look in my eyes
And tell me we'll be alright
If you promise never to leave
You just might make me believe

It's just day to day
Tryin to make ends meet
What I'd give for an address
Out on easy street
I need a deep margarita
To help me unwind
Leave my troubles behind

I used to believe in us
When times got tough
But lately I'm afraid that even
Love is not enough

You just might make me
Oh you just might make me

The official video can be found here:

YouTube - Sugarland - Just Might (Make Me Believe)

Thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Well Im bored and started looking back on interesting posts. Sugarland caught my eye. I lovem to peices. Jennifers voice might well be the next Annie Haslam. Am I pushing it? She has 4 octaves and Annie has 5.

She seems to sing songs with a rags to riches theme except for Stay.

As for your question. I haven't been to a wedding in ..............yikes !!

Here is a kicker for ya. Last year Sugarland was just a opening act still. They toured with Kenny Chesney and Pat Green. I paid big money to see Sugarland and when they got off stage I left. So I am the only human that can claim to have walked out of a Kenny Chesney concert. He is great to be sure but Im no fan. I went to see Jennifer and Kristain.

Good luck in your future..
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music