Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,467,597 times

Advertisements

Have tix to see 3 of my all time faves at Pine Knob next week, Cheap Trick, Journey and Heart. Couldn't believe it when I saw they were all on the same bill.

Heart in particular have always been a special band to me. I have to admit most of this feeling is due to their early material, from '76 thru about '82. I've always thought the band produced some of the best music in American rock history during that period. I would have loved for the main lineup during that era (Wilson's, Fisher, Leese, Derosier, Fossen) to have reunited for a tour, but just seeing Ann & Nancy live for the first time will be a thrill regardless.

FYI, there are some excellent performances by Heart from the 70's, as well as the rest of their career, on YouTube. Does it get any better than the medieval/renaissance digs they wore onstage in the 70's?? Love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Jev

64 posts, read 253,916 times
I saw Heart three times and they're always great live. It's funny, I saw all three of those bands at one show in the late 70s and now they're playing together again. Journey was the opening act, followed by Cheap Trick, then Heart, then Ted Nugent.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:02 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,201,309 times
Apparently Anne and Nancy were not so happy to have been included in the celebration of the "pitbull with lipstick" at the Republican convention in St. Paul

Nation & World | Wilson sisters slam GOP's use of Heart's "Barracuda" | Seattle Times Newspaper

HEART - headlines (http://www.heart-music.com/news/news.asp?item=112960 - broken link)

Old 09-10-2008, 12:32 PM

Wow.....can you believe that after waiting 30 years to see them, Heart came onstage at Pine Knob and announced they weren't going to play because as Nancy Wilson put it, "The singers were all sick".

So much for that. Thank God Cheap Trick & Journey were fabulous.

Still, what a bummer.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:03 AM

9,904 posts, read 13,916,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Wow.....can you believe that after waiting 30 years to see them, Heart came onstage at Pine Knob and announced they weren't going to play because as Nancy Wilson put it, "The singers were all sick".

So much for that. Thank God Cheap Trick & Journey were fabulous.

Still, what a bummer.
Northman, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that happened to you.

Like you, I waited 30 years to see them and I travelled to the other side of the world this September with my ticket in hand SOOOO excited at the prospect. I'd only been in Seattle a couple of days when it came on the radio that they'd cancelled in Michigan.
I kept my fingers and toes and everything crossed for a week, terrified that they'd not perform, I even got to White River Ampitheatre and was nervous that they'd pull the plug at the last minute BUT NO! Thankfully I FINALLY got to see them!!! And it was worth the wait and all the nerves AND all the travel!!! They were AMAZING!!!!

I'm so sorry that you missed out.

But I'm glad you enjoyed Cheap Trick and Journey. I loved Cheap Trick and thought they put on a fabulous show. Heart were superb, everything I'd hoped and then some. I'm not really a Journey fan so whilst I enjoyed them it wasn't really a highlight.

I hope you get another chance to see Heart. I think for me it was a once in a lifetime.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:31 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,662,772 times
That's cool that alot of the original members are touring together again . Ann Wilson has been one of my alltime favorite female rockers along with Debbie Harry and she has such a powerful voice !!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
That's cool that alot of the original members are touring together again
I think you may have misunderstood my first post. Ann & Nancy are the only members of the 70's lineup touring right now to my knowledge. I was saying how cool it would be if some of the other members from that period were there, too.

I'm still not over them cancelling the Pine Knob performance 2 months later. I just can't believe they happened to cancel MY SHOW out of all the shows on that damn tour! Talk about rotten luck!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,662,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I think you may have misunderstood my first post. Ann & Nancy are the only members of the 70's lineup touring right now to my knowledge. I was saying how cool it would be if some of the other members from that period were there, too.

I'm still not over them cancelling the Pine Knob performance 2 months later. I just can't believe they happened to cancel MY SHOW out of all the shows on that damn tour! Talk about rotten luck!
O.K.thanks for correcting me as i just had skimmed the post as i should have read it better.

I'm sure they'll still ROCK !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music