Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 PM

58 posts, read 226,596 times

Advertisements

Never Gonna Give You Up- Rick Astley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,290 times
I love you - Climax Blues Band

Old 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,906,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingeverything View Post
Never Gonna Give You Up- Rick Astley
Have you been Rick rolled yet?

Bryan Adams ¬ Everything I Do would be mine.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:26 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Please forgive me! I like The Carpenters and [can i say it?] ABBA!!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 AM

990 posts, read 1,726,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I too like the Carpenters, although why be apologetic-they were great musicians,songwriters,and Karen Carpenter was a great singer.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,453,062 times
Oh, but YES!

To this day, I love "Wild thing, you make my heart sing. You make everything groovy. Wild thing, I think I love you."

You tell me why something so silly would've stayed with me, when something equally silly, like that ridiculous song about 'Honey' dying so tragically makes me want to barf. Yet, I know the whole silly song, almost line-for-line.

"See the tree? How big it's grown. But then, it hasn't been that long. . . and Honey, I miss you. And I'm being g-o-o-o-o-d. And I long to be with you, if only I could."

Without a doubt, my favorite part has to be

"And then one day, when I was gone, and she was left all alone, the angels came."

I just envision this scene, a lovely young woman, literally at death's door. . .

"Knock, knock."

"Who is it?"

"Angels."

"Oh, give me just a minute."

Sappy is as sappy does. But however many years later -- 30 or more? -- and those silly words are still with me.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
Oh, but YES!

To this day, I love "Wild thing, you make my heart sing. You make everything groovy. Wild thing, I think I love you."

You tell me why something so silly would've stayed with me, when something equally silly, like that ridiculous song about 'Honey' dying so tragically makes me want to barf. Yet, I know the whole silly song, almost line-for-line.

"See the tree? How big it's grown. But then, it hasn't been that long. . . and Honey, I miss you. And I'm being g-o-o-o-o-d. And I long to be with you, if only I could."

Without a doubt, my favorite part has to be

"And then one day, when I was gone, and she was left all alone, the angels came."

I just envision this scene, a lovely young woman, literally at death's door. . .

"Knock, knock."

"Who is it?"

"Angels."

"Oh, give me just a minute."

Sappy is as sappy does. But however many years later -- 30 or more? -- and those silly words are still with me.
BOBBY GOLDSBORO! GET THE Mod Cut OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by madicarus2000; 04-24-2008 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: language

Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Yeah, the Carpenters, but the older I get, the less embarrassed I am about it. I love "Goodbye to Love;" Karen Carpenter's phrasing is so marvelous. She really did have a beautiful voice.

Now I'll be singing it all day in my head, but heck, I could do worse.

How about "Only Time Will Tell" by Asia. I'm wildly embarrassed about that one, but ... damn! I love that song!

And anything by Bread, especially the songs were they tried real hard to rock out, like "Mother Freedom." They should really have stuck to the mellower stuff.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:34 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
That's funny .

I'll see if i can out do ya as i still like the Bubblegum Rock song called Yo Yo by the Osmonds after all these years (Yeah i'm a dork).

YouTube - The Osmonds (video) Yo Yo

Old 04-24-2008, 08:49 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,464 times
Labour of Love and Accidentally Kelly Street by Frente
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music