Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,786,958 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I happen to love all kinds of music, and one of them is Bollywood music!

Usually, I get a lot of my videos after watching Showbiz India on Saturdays, but I know there has to be a lot more without searching forever.

I'll post some of my favorites, and maybe you can add to this collection, so that I can find more. These are a little bit varied, but they are in order of my favorites. I happen to love Akshay Kumar, and I really like his new comedy, CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA . Interestingly, this is a video from the movie, and the bearded rapper (Bohemia) now lives in Oakland, California.

Anyway, hoping I can find some other Bollywood lovers, and share some music! Thanks!

(I also like regaetton, and maybe if anyone's interested, can start a thread to share those, too. )

In order of my favorites:

On this one, the "real" song starts at about 30 seconds in -- for some reason, I just love this song (maybe it's sexy Akshay! ):

CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA | ORIGINAL VIDEO SONG | FT.AKSHAY & SEXY DEEPIKA PADUKONE with BOHEMIA
YouTube - CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA | ORIGINAL VIDEO SONG | FT.AKSHAY & SEXY DEEPIKA PADUKONE with BOHEMIA

Chutney-Reggaeton: Fito Blanko & D'Hitman - Pretty Girl

YouTube - Chutney-Reggaeton: Fito Blanko & D'Hitman - Pretty Girl

Aai Papi - Kismat Konection
YouTube - Aai papi - Kismat Konection ( High Quality )

Everything's Gonna Be Alright - Jumbo AKSHAY KUMAR

YouTube - Everythings Gonna B Alright - Jumbo AKSHAY KUMAR (HD) Full Song

Haule Haule

YouTube - haule haule(full song)

Ghajini's - Hai Guzarish

YouTube - Ghajini's - Hai Guzarish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 06:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Ugh ugh ugh. I worked at a manufacturing plant where a lot of the workforce was Indian. So Indian music was in heavy rotation over the public system. Plus the COO was a big Beatles fan, so there was a lot of them too. And every once in a while we'd hit the two-fer jackpot in the form of
The Beatles doing Indian music.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
Hahahaha, yeah, I remember that! Hadn't even associated the Beatles with them.

I like the newer Indian music, though.....maybe it's just me...

Thanks for the link -- a nice walk down memory lane!!

Old 02-23-2009, 07:22 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,769,167 times
I like a song from the movie "Laagan" called O rey chhori.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,770,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Ugh ugh ugh. I worked at a manufacturing plant where a lot of the workforce was Indian. So Indian music was in heavy rotation over the public system. Plus the COO was a big Beatles fan, so there was a lot of them too. And every once in a while we'd hit the two-fer jackpot in the form of
The Beatles doing Indian music.

Indian Beatles

YouTube - Indian Beatles

Kamal Haasan...awesome!

YouTube - Kamal Haasan - Tamil Bollywood Star

House Party!!!! How about those gold boots? Been to every thrift store, and have yet to locate a pair.

But it does have a great bass line...contagious.

Last edited by newmex; 02-24-2009 at 04:26 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 04:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi,

I happen to love all kinds of music, and one of them is Bollywood music!

Usually, I get a lot of my videos after watching Showbiz India on Saturdays, but I know there has to be a lot more without searching forever.

I'll post some of my favorites, and maybe you can add to this collection, so that I can find more. These are a little bit varied, but they are in order of my favorites. I happen to love Akshay Kumar, and I really like his new comedy, CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA . Interestingly, this is a video from the movie, and the bearded rapper (Bohemia) now lives in Oakland, California.

Anyway, hoping I can find some other Bollywood lovers, and share some music! Thanks!

(I also like regaetton, and maybe if anyone's interested, can start a thread to share those, too. )

In order of my favorites:

On this one, the "real" song starts at about 30 seconds in -- for some reason, I just love this song (maybe it's sexy Akshay! ):

CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA | ORIGINAL VIDEO SONG | FT.AKSHAY & SEXY DEEPIKA PADUKONE with BOHEMIA
YouTube - CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA | ORIGINAL VIDEO SONG | FT.AKSHAY & SEXY DEEPIKA PADUKONE with BOHEMIA

Chutney-Reggaeton: Fito Blanko & D'Hitman - Pretty Girl

YouTube - Chutney-Reggaeton: Fito Blanko & D'Hitman - Pretty Girl

Aai Papi - Kismat Konection
YouTube - Aai papi - Kismat Konection ( High Quality )

Everything's Gonna Be Alright - Jumbo AKSHAY KUMAR

YouTube - Everythings Gonna B Alright - Jumbo AKSHAY KUMAR (HD) Full Song

Haule Haule

YouTube - haule haule(full song)

Ghajini's - Hai Guzarish

YouTube - Ghajini's - Hai Guzarish
Oh swell, just what I want to hear. Assinine gangsta rap from India. NOT! How sad that a country with one of the finest cultures in the world would LOWER itself to adopt that kind of sub-human musical feces. There is nothing more beautiful than TRADITIONAL Indian music.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM

100 posts, read 114,466 times
Oh Shiva -- here we go...all aboard the bandwagon everybody...

Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
This was an MTV commercial a few years ago, but I always thought it was pretty funny:
YouTube - barber shop in bollywood

Old 02-24-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
newmex:

Indian Beatles

YouTube - Indian Beatles

Kamal Haasan...awesome!

YouTube - Kamal Haasan - Tamil Bollywood Star

House Party!!!! How about those gold boots? Been to every thrift store, and have yet to locate a pair.

But it does have a great bass line...contagious.
Those are hilarious - thanks! Love those Indian Beatles -- how funny!!

I have to admit, Bollywood has fun just making fun of itself! Very good -- thanks! If you ever find a pair of those boots -- let us know!!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
stepka:
This was an MTV commercial a few years ago, but I always thought it was pretty funny: YouTube - barber shop in bollywood
That was really funny!! Oh, my gosh!!

Catchy tune, too (a bit familiar, too! )! I love those guys in the background, too! Thanks -- that was a good laugh!! I needed that!
When I was listening to the ones you both posted, I found this one -- thought it was pretty goofy, too -- Indian Shrek Karaoke:

YouTube - SHREK CHUTNEY STYLE

You guys have taken me to a whole other section -- this is great!!!

Mr. Bean doing a Chutney dance -- hahahaha! Thanks! I hadn't seen any of these!

YouTube - Mr Bean de Chutney King !

Last edited by Wisteria; 02-24-2009 at 11:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music