Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,415,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
That's just a matter of taste. Even I know Mary J is good. But I know Chaka Khan is just as good. See, the difference between your generation and past generations of music lovers is we always acknowledged good music even if it wasn't our taste--we appreciated it and it's roots. The true music lovers are dying and taking with them the ability to even recognize the good stuff that started it all. We had a lot of respect for the fathers and godfathers and queens of the industry. Now, they just call them stupid names like a bunch of kindergarteners. They're embarrassing themselves. Don't they offer music appreciation in school anymore?
What was that.. yer judging me??! Lol.. you don't even know me. Those are some wide sweeping statements you're making.. 1st you had beef with the one guy and now it's me.. sheesh. Get off my back ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,410 times
I love both versions of Sweet Thing. Just thought I'd share that lol...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
I love both versions of Sweet Thing. Just thought I'd share that lol...
Whateva Samadhi! See someone from my generation who's a true music lover!!
There you go again in and out with no link.. come on! Show some luv :-)

Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
What was that.. yer judging me??! Lol.. you don't even know me. Those are some wide sweeping statements you're making.. 1st you had beef with the one guy and now it's me.. sheesh. Get off my back ;-)
Beef? With whom?I have no problems with anyone here.

Judging
you? How? Where? By saying "The difference between your generation and past generations of music lovers is we always acknowledged good music even if it wasn't our taste"? No, I thought we were having a conversation here. My mistake, sorry.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
SlickRick, I forgot to tell you, incase you haven't heard it, this is some good, new R&B. All isn't lost--yet.

YouTube - Al Green - Lay it Down

Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM

^Lol.. it's all good.. maybe it was me :-) I felt the hammer coming down... kinda sensitive to that.
But anyways...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
^Lol.. it's all good.. maybe it was me :-) I felt the hammer coming down... kinda sensitive to that.
But anyways...
When that happens you just gotta jump outa the way, watch your toes and hammer back. LOL No, we have lively discussions here but most (with politics and religion perhaps being the exception) are harmless and docile.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
When that happens you just gotta jump outa the way, watch your toes and hammer back. LOL No, we have lively discussions here but most (with politics and religion perhaps being the exception) are harmless and docile.
Thanks 4 the heads up!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,410 times
Quote:
Whateva Samadhi! See someone from my generation who's a true music lover!!
There you go again in and out with no link.. come on! Show some luv :-)

You just won't let me get away with not leaving links, will ya?

Here's a song that I love:

YouTube - Cherrelle & Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love

Old 02-23-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
You just won't let me get away with not leaving links, will ya?

Here's a song that I love:

YouTube - Cherrelle & Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love
Hehe.. like Heavy D.. You know I've got nuthin but love for ya baby~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music