Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 03:33 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,317,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
I just remembered that I bought tickets to the David Lee Roth concert back in the day just because Andy was to be the opening act...and then after my friend and I bought the tickets, for some reason he pulled out and the new act was Tesla...what a difference! The tickets were non-refundable so we were stuck and still went. Oh well!

I don't know what the deal was with Andy Taylor. He is obviously a very good musician. He makes no secret of his drug use and I think there was a real problem with egos clashing where he was concerned. He's always been the rogue element, walking away in the middle of a project. I'd like to read his book, which I haven't got around to doing yet, it might be enlightening. I found this video which gives a hint of what went on during the recording of Red Carpet Massacre, it's only brief, but telling....

YouTube - Duran Simon Le Bon Laughing his a** out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 AM

Apparently the Rio album has been officially named a classic, by whome amd in what context I'm not sure, but it sounds good. This is Last "Chance on the Stairway" from Rio....

YouTube - Duran Duran - Last Chance on the Stairway

Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,635,836 times
Weird, Last Chance on the Stairway was in my head when I woke up this morning, I haven't heard that song in at least 15 years. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, LADY ICE!

I can't figure out what's up with Andy Taylor, either. He always struck me as a bit of a Napoleon if you know what I mean. I had forgotten about his album, which I own but can't remember a single song off it.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Weird, Last Chance on the Stairway was in my head when I woke up this morning, I haven't heard that song in at least 15 years. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, LADY ICE!

I can't figure out what's up with Andy Taylor, either. He always struck me as a bit of a Napoleon if you know what I mean. I had forgotten about his album, which I own but can't remember a single song off it.

Great minds think alike!

I hope I didn't get this one out of your head. It's "I Take the Dice" from the Seven and the Ragged Tiger album, another fan-made video. I think it's a testament to the band just how many people are inspired by their songs to make their own video when none already exists

YouTube - Duran Duran - I Take The Dice

Last edited by Lady Ice; 04-08-2009 at 08:02 AM..

Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 AM

This song always sticks in my head for days whenever I hear it. I'm going to put it twice on here because the official video has crap sound quality but is worth watching because they were so young and probably unknown when they made it. The second has better sound so you can hear the song as its meant to be heard..

YouTube - Friends Of Mine (PROMO 81)

YouTube - Duran Duran - Friends Of Mine

Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Great song from Astronaut.....

YouTube - Duran Duran - Chains

Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 PM

From Liberty.....

YouTube - Duran Duran - Violence of Summer

Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 AM

I always thought that this song would have been a better single choice than the Reflex, but the Reflex went to number one, so what would I know? I just liked most of the other songs on the album more than Reflex.....

YouTube - Duran Duran - Shadows On Your Side

Old 04-09-2009, 03:45 PM

I have a different mix of this song that I have to say I like a lot more than this one and I was really hoping to find it on YouTube but no luck. I still like this one from the album, it just lacks the punch of the mix I am thinking of......

YouTube - Duran Duran -- None of the Above (The Wedding Album)

Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Okay, so where do I find this one? I have to add it to my collection!

YouTube - Duran Duran - Salt in the Rainbow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music