Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 PM

223 posts, read 1,801,964 times

Advertisements

^^^B4U, the young man's feelings were hurt in this thread, his concepts of the world he's discovering were brought into question as to the validity of his expression and experiences for the whole summer. His experiences in this thread have been phenomenal. Therefore a correction had to be made in this thread, where the psychological wounding took place. (Scientific theory will give him language for his emotional experiences in love.)

This thread will not become of thread of theory but will keep to its purpose of feeling (and for some healing). (The unique aspect of this thread is that a person can create stories, so music is the basis here for feeling, which comes from our experiences in life and our associative responses through the music. This is what makes this thread unique. Sometimes it will hava a party line flavor because of feelings associated with musical selections. That's why this thread was created, for those who want to go beyond the regular posting of music that is free of any associative explanation for why that particular song was selected or its meaning to that soul.)

Part 1, if you ever have time to read, is full of incredible adventures, stories that are quite private and personal in nature. The way we handle such is to bypass it if it doesn't interest us, thereby respecting its nature. I've been gone the summer but I hardly think the original purpose and intention of this thread has changed that much. We old timers of this thread have learned to ignore and/or give privacy to those moments.

Welcome aboard, as MMC would say, to the Realm of Feeling.

Please re-read what I wrote from that perspective.

Thank you, B4U.

Last edited by PaulG_1; 08-23-2009 at 11:18 PM..

Old 08-23-2009, 11:30 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,297,430 times
Sticky: ~*~ read this first ~*~
christina0001

Please read the above.
My reason for joining c-d was that it is so big as to meet many needs of many. And where I could pick my interests only.
So, as you stated, "stories that are quite private and personal in nature. ", would be more appropriate to put it where you all could/would keep it so.
In other words, start a thread in a more appropriate catagory would be my suggestion.
Thanks.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:42 PM

2,897 posts, read 20,339,492 times
B4U, you'll get used to this zany thread! I'd been a lurker for about 6 months and love it. In fact, it was what brought me from being an avid listener to a participant This thread actually had 1,200 views since yesterday?! lol

I accept it as the community that it is. Gawd knows reading it has kept me sane, if not downright inspired, through some real hard times. And I wouldn't want to give up the "Jim Chronicles" for anything in the world! That boy has taught me to laugh again! If it turned to just music, which is like just about every other thread, I would miss the human dynamic, the imaginative tales, the cuckoo meltdowns, the midnight confessions and whatever else tends to pop up now and then.

I've come to love, and yes I can actually say love, each and every one of these people from a lurker's position. Just see them as characters in a story that come and go. Some characters you fall in love with and some characters you love to hate!

Mr. G, though we haven't met, I even love your gruff rough character and have missed you this summer. Welcome back!

(You'll find with our Mr. G he hardly ever talks, he just tends to grunt <teases>)

Mannix - Tune

YouTube - Mannix - Tune

B4U, regarding stories that are quite private and personal in nature, let me tell you this thread was started for exactly those kinds of stories. It was a special place to allow contributors personal interaction and community.

If you need a link to see it for yourself, just go to page one and click 2Goldens post, which provides the link to Part 1.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:48 PM

Sailing by Christopher Cross in 1980

YouTube - Sailing by Christopher Cross in 1980

Old 08-24-2009, 12:00 AM

America - I Need You

YouTube - America - I Need You

Old 08-24-2009, 12:01 AM

carpenters -We've Only Just Begun

YouTube - carpenters -We've Only Just Begun

Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 AM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
...opening the door... B4U, hello! Come in, come in friend... join the party, there is something here for everyone. ...something to eat, drink, conversation?...please sit in the best, most comfortable chair. Make yourself at home. Many here are friends. So sorry that we have been so busy talking amongst ourselves that we have made you feel unwelcome.

uncle john's - Google Videos

...taking B4U's hand and leading to the center of the room.. in bare feet I dance...B4U and I twirling and dancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Sticky: ~*~ read this first ~*~
christina0001

Please read the above.
My reason for joining c-d was that it is so big as to meet many needs of many. And where I could pick my interests only.
So, as you stated, "stories that are quite private and personal in nature. ", would be more appropriate to put it where you all could/would keep it so.
In other words, start a thread in a more appropriate catagory would be my suggestion.
Thanks.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:54 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Cool Slow to Say Hello; Welcome B4U

[quote=B4U;10421499]What song(s) are you listening to currently/recently, w/ feeling!

Please can we leave the unrelated, high-jacked, to be opened in another thread/catagory? Or am I the only one who feels like they've intruded on someone's party line telephone conversation?

Hi B4U,

Yes a welcome here is long overdue. You've been so active in some of the other music threads you are hard to keep up with sometimes!

I would encourage you to read Vol I of this thread, as it seemed very different to many. I'm saddened by the number of folks who use to post in this thread who no longer do. It will be interesting to read what you think of many of those discussions (Vol I) and this (Vol II). I don't know the limits to load (only so many vids/page - too many slow the thread down or crash it - as I understand it), so I won't be surprised if a moderator will need to close this one soon too.

I might be off about this, but I think it was only May/June that Vol I closed. Look how many posts have been added since then. Enough that Vol. II is probably getting up there in what one thread can handle.

Oh, thanks for the rep about Celine Dion. A new baby is seen as a wonderful addition by many, especially given the fertility challenges Celine has had.
Not everyone likes her music, which I respect; however, she has helped other women by sharing her story and difficulties. I wonder if Aldo Nova has pre-written a song, or if he has a song for a boy or a song for a baby girl. I just hope Celine gets through this pregnancy healthy and the baby is healthy as well.

Reading another thread (and one of your posts) made me think of this song. You'll probably know the thread better than I.

YouTube - Mike & The Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle

It's good to have you in the community.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 08-24-2009 at 02:45 AM..

Old 08-24-2009, 02:10 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,297,430 times
COOL BEANS, MSR. Thanks, and good night.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:14 AM

<waves goodnight to B4U>

<comes in with cases of beer, potato chips and some 70s tunes> hey Gerania, I want to join in on the party too and brought some refreshments! <putting beer in the fridge, finding bowls for the potato chips, then joining in on the fun! dances with Gerania, throwing confetti into the air>

<notices that word of the party must have gotten around since the music room is starting to fill up quickly with all types of people, university types, hippies, artists of every persuasion, couples (even a couple who firmly believe they are animals trapped in human form); also some Amish kids on Rumspringa have just shown up! Some senior citizens have just wheeled in, blowing party horns

ACE How long 1974

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

I'm glad all minority groups are welcome here <smiling at them then waving> an elephant in love with a mouse ... a kitten and a hippo--they're so cute! several goth teams have arrived with preppies, hipsters, bikers, and my gosh, a group I haven't met yet <smile> ohhh they believe they're from outer space, with a broken down UFO and just wanted to know if they could use some water from our community swimming pool. What a lively group tonight!

Thanks, Gerania, for throwing this party!!!

Steely Dan - Do It Again

YouTube - Steely Dan- Do It Again

<breaks out doing the funky chicken> lol

Last edited by Topaz_Flowers; 08-24-2009 at 02:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music