Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2007, 07:53 PM

67 posts, read 132,872 times

Advertisements

You ever have one of those experiences where you hear something you've listened to a bunch with headphones and then hear totally new things in the music? I love that phenomenon, and I for a while bought new headphones every year just to experience it. It just happened to me with The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole (my favorite album). I just got a new pair of headphones (sweet: OTTO) and they have the best sound quality I've ever heard. Yay. Anyway, what music has this happened to you with? What kind of headphones do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
reminds me of when I first heard In the air tonight by Phil Collins on headphones it a total experience so is aphrodite.

I can only imagine how awesome Chemical Brothers was for you they use great range in use of various sounds.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:43 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,935,813 times
I love to listen to music through headphones! My favorites: Old Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Todd Rundgren, heck, anyone worth their salt - even my old band. The ability to concentrate on certain areas or the wholeness of a piece makes it all worthwhile. Classical works great too. I've had mostly Koss phones through the years, but now own a Sony set and they're average at best. Will check out the Ottos. Cheers!

Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
The Otto headset looks like something I would *really* like.

My old stereo from when I was a kid was so crappy that these days I'll put something 70s-ish on and hear nuances I wasn't aware of 30 years ago.

One of the first times I used a headset was listening to a hippy-trippy instrumental by the Rascals.
Now this was nothing like what you might think when you hear the name of that band, it was sort of Caribbean-influenced/jazz/improvisation.
The track was called Peaceful World, it was all instrumental with a vocalist who came in the end who just sang the words "peaceful world," and the song lasted something like ten minutes.
It was a really good intro to headsets.
Remember the kid at the very end of Dazed and Confused, when he puts on his headset, closes his eyes, and mentally checks out of his surroundings?
That's what it was like.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:31 PM

Very cool, love the eclectic music tastes. Yeah, saw the Chemical Brothers live a few times, love the beginning of the show where they just wheel out banks and banks of equipment... Also love hearing good live recordings of non-electronic music through headphones, kinda cool to feel like you're actually there. Love the Otto's. A friend of mine got a set from the same company, but he got one of their commercial products for the racing industry, and he said that they could take quite a beating and kept sounding excellent. That's sort of my style, I guess - as long as they sound good.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM

Oh, crap, I forgot I had this, I should have posted this here: FREESHIP is a discount code I got when I got my set of OTTO headphones, I'm pretty sure it still works because my sister just got this car kit: www.hearotto.com/Products_OT2.aspx which she’s very happy with and she used it. It's for free shipping and 10% off. It works on two of their products, that one and the headphones they have with an mp3 player built in: www.hearotto.com/Products_OT3.aspx

Old 05-15-2007, 08:48 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Janis Joplin BB and the Holding Company, The Fugs, Blue Cheer, Mothers of Invention to name a few.

Headphones: One of the main reasons I'm partially deaf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music