Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 08:41 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Apples and Oranges!
Exactly.... Sort of like comparing Rob Schneider and Paulie Shore with Robert De Niro and Jack Nicholson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Thanks man. I always try to give just the facts rather then opinions. You are so right that I am unbiased which means not biased or predjudiced but fair and honest.

The sissy is nothing but a tough talking thug with undeserved money that was stolen from youths who are too gullable to realize when some thug is pulling the wool over their eyes.
I agree with 2goldens that this is entirely apples and oranges, Beatles v. eminiem.

But desertsun41:
You are hardly unbiased when it comes to any mention of ANY rapper, or hip hop artist. You continually insult people who like and listen to rap.
Your opinions on this genre are NOT facts!!!

You refuse to give any credit where credit is due. (I happen to be a big fan of old-school hip hop/rap).

I'm not saying that I disagree with what you are saying sometimes, (Eminiem is a doofus) but your constant posts of blanket disdain for the entire genre is tiresome.

it is pretty amazing that a band (the Beatles) that have been broken-up since 1970 is #2 in the entire decade of the 2000....that says a heck of alot more than eminem's entire career thus far.
I wonder what numbers eminem can garner 40 years from now.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:58 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
I agree with 2goldens that this is entirely apples and oranges, Beatles v. eminiem.

But desertsun41:
You are hardly unbiased when it comes to any mention of ANY rapper, or hip hop artist. You continually insult people who like and listen to rap.

You refuse to give any credit where credit is due. (I happen to be a big fan of old-school hip hop/rap).

I'm not saying that I disagree with what you are saying sometimes, (Eminiem is a doofus) but your constant posts of blanket disdain for the entire genre is tiresome.

it is pretty amazing that a band (the Beatles) that have been broken-up since 1970 is #2 in the entire decade of the 2000....that says a heck of alot more than eminem's entire career thus far.
If you read my thousands of posts you will see that I quite often give credit where credit is due. In fact I must have done it 10 times or more just today. Give and it will come back. But when no credit is due such as this fake usless waste of human flesh wrapper then I give none.

Perhaps you should ask the OP why they were trying to compare the Beatles and some street thug with stiff wrists and contorted fingers. It is totally ridiculous but a dozen people already posted on the subject already so who are we to judge.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I cant believe people listen to that enima guy. The beatles is music & his whatever is just words. Yawnz.....

Old 06-22-2012, 12:44 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
You've got to be kidding me......McCartney or Lennon alone have more talent in a strand of their hair than 1000 Emiman bodies in a thousand years.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times
Rap is essentially talking to a beat. Unless you have some really good poetry to go along with it, it is total crap. Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the worst and dumbest Beatle song ever written.

OK, I am biased. I am 27, but grew up in a very musical family. My parents had every Beatles and Rolling Stones record ever made. When I was about 7 or 8 I had this little phonograph in my room that I used to play their vinyl LPs on. Went to school with a bunch of hood rats who listened to nothing but rap and hip hop. So that was always the "polar opposite" to me. Of course being so close to a major college, we knew regular intellectual students there who were heavily into that time period too, which turned me onto even more bizarre and lesser-known bands from that period. If people only knew the diversity, they would not be so quick to put a label on such genres.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post

But desertsun41:

We watched hee haw the other night and one of their songs was rap. Just aimed at a different culture in a different time.

You go, goober!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:41 PM

716 posts, read 558,622 times
The Beatles for sure.

However, for a rapper, I'd say he is as good, if not better than anyone in his league.
While others are talking about "makin' their snaps"..." a Bud fowty"..."hoes" etc... his actually has flow and meaning. I don't know what he did to himself recently. Maybe rehab or something? Look at this, he looks like he lost 30 pounds and got 20 years younger. He looks like a lil' kid here. He also let the doo go back natural and not that fake bleached blond look. I'm not a fan of him or rap music. I can see why people who are like him though.

Eminem - Not Afraid - YouTube

Last edited by BBandit; 06-22-2012 at 09:53 PM..

Old 06-24-2012, 12:03 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Eminem is good but the Beatles are better. I can't believe the younger crowd worships garbage while an exceptional artist like the Beatles gets ignored.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Seriously? The Beatles are perhaps the great musicians in the history of Popular Music (I'm positive there a better artist who were never discovered, or barely any recognition).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music