Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 01:12 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

Shock rock singer Marilyn Manson has been accused of squandering his band's profit on a child's skeleton and masks made of human skin.

Keyboardist Stephen "Pogo" Bier filed a breach of contract lawsuit in August in which he accused Manson of taking cash belonging to the rest of the band to pay for the "sick and disturbing" purchases.

His lawyer Keith Fink has now filed additional papers adding to a list of artefacts bought by the goth singer- many of which are illegal in the US.

FOXNews.com - Marilyn Manson Accused of Buying Child's Skeleton, Human Skin Masks - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 01:18 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,596,172 times
I always suspected he was slightly wierd...,,..

Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,651,159 times
Although it doesn't surprise me that he's doing something weird yet again, this sounds like something Ed Gein would've done. What a freak.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:32 AM

206 posts, read 615,652 times
his a very SICK PERSON

Old 11-26-2007, 07:19 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
Well, perhaps those purchases,while in keeping with MM's eerie mystique, might not be in the best of taste. How on earth was it verified that the purse belonged to Eva Braun?
Is it illlegal to own a skeleton? The masks were from Africa.
According to this link Manson will fight the charges. This was back in August, I wonder if anything yet came of it.
''The fact that he's claiming that I've treated him unfairly, financially, is really ridiculous,'' the singer said. ''And I would never spend my money on a Chinese girl skeleton. That would be crossing the line. It's a Chinese boy, for the record.''

Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times
Poor taste perhaps but unless he has done anything illegal, who cares ? He just likes to shock and obviously it works ! I actually find him fairly boring , trying to see how far you can push people just seems childish and churlish in the extreme. I don't find him shocking in the slightest, his public persona is such that he thrives on this kind of publicity . Shame because every time I hear him , he is incredibly intelligent, articulate, educated and well informed about many topics such as current affairs and politics. I'm not particularly fond of his music as it is rather unoriginal and has been done to death before ( as has his so called "shocking" antics) but shocking would imply that it was unexpected and new somehow. It is not. To try to shock for the Hell of it seems really quite pathetic !

On a slightly different note though, a lot of Anthropological artefacts are considered shocking, morbid and sinister but it does not detract from their value as artefacts.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,646 times
Several things come to mind...
1) the lawsuit is old news... filed in August why is it just now becoming public information?
2) there's a lack of substance for the article... although a few items were identified, there are allegations of a larger list of illegal items - The article would have been much more newsworthy (maybe) if the actual illegal items were described and the illegal context given.
3) If there is even a remote chance this is just a publicity stunt, the reporter shouldn't even have written the article. I wonder if this article isn't just wasting people's time and facilitating further "shock" (perhaps the reporter was paid to write it to promote MM?) - The shock which MM likes to create is typically on his own and I would argue he doesn't usually need help with it.
4) MM is either a really disturbed individual who needs to be locked up and put away so he has no further influence or he is just an entertainer acting like a disturbed individual attempting to make a scene whenever he can. In any case, people would do well to stop paying him attention (and giving him money) as he's yesterdays news, outdated and not that talented. Granted he's "interesting" because of his antics and the mystique of an over-arching question which comes to everyone's mind about him: "is that guy a nutcase?" But just like the case with MJ... eventually everyone will realize... "yes, that guy is a nutcase" and then he will likely fade away.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,431,570 times
That boy is sick! I pray for him to come to know Jesus. He certainly got the publicity out of it, though, and I'll bet they're all fakes. Well, he could be the best musician in the world, but I'm not buying any of his cr*p!

Old 11-28-2007, 02:25 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,596,172 times
Maybe he`ll be bidding for this?

BBC NEWS | England | South Yorkshire | 'Spooky' face on skin-bound book

Old 07-30-2008, 06:08 PM

212 posts, read 901,762 times
Default Marilyn Manson

Brian Warner, the lead singer, is very strange. He rips up Bibles, relieves himself on crucifixes, and gives alter calls to Satan during his concerts.
He also told kids that they should kill themselves so they can go to hell, which, according to him, is a place where you can do all the immoral things you want to forever. He has been blamed for being partly responsible for the Columbine murders. Read the words for "The Nobodies" and you'll see what I mean.
He also called the Virgin Mary a vugar word that starts with a "W", and "**** God, **** Jesus Christ, and **** the Holy Spirit."
He has also been banned from quite a few states for the horrible things he has done at the concerts. Also, I have heard that he has had almost 40 lawsuits filed against him, most of them for sexual assault.
If there was a group working to stop Marilyn Manson from singing his blasphemous Satanic rock, I would be a part of it.
Needless to say, Mr. Warner is a true Satanist, not just a shock-rocker.
Rob Zombie(formerly White Zombie) is another horrible Satanic rock group. You should hear the song "Sinners, Inc." on their "Sinister Urge" cd.
Satan seems to have become the god of rock music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music