Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 04:12 PM

145 posts, read 359,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack/213* View Post
Trying to get info on best areas to live in for safety/economical rents/quality of life. Need info on the job market.
jack213, early in this thread, someone posted links to all kinds of info about MB. Should be on the first few pages in the thread. Let me know if you have trouble finding it. Also, other threads in the MB section are more specific than this one, which is more general, with a little of this and that, and is very good for SUPPORT for people not thoroughly familiar with the area. I return to this thread regularly but not often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 PM

145 posts, read 359,238 times
Posted in the hurricane thread as well. Just wishing everyone in SC a no-incident situation with Irene. Hopefully, at worst you will get whipped a bit with the very tip of one of those little "flares" they always show on TV. Seems we here in the Northeast corridor are really in the path. :0

Old 08-26-2011, 03:36 AM

130 posts, read 184,484 times
I can't help but notice how this thread took off...So, I'm going to have to delay my move unfortunately. Selling my house, and finding a job is becoming much like a super huge job in itself. I'm planning a trip sometime in September to scout out a bit, but looks like the actual move will be going on hiatus...

Old 08-26-2011, 08:38 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam34 View Post
Selling my house, and finding a job is becoming much like a super huge job in itself...but looks like the actual move will be going on hiatus...
You ain't alone. Been trying for 3 years to sell, lowering the price over and over. Had a job lined up, but it's long gone now. So lucky me gets to "enjoy" yet another 100+ inches of snow this winter. Here's hoping both of us get that miracle we need to escape.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:17 PM

66 posts, read 184,135 times
Cam34 and TNKY, November will be 3 years for us trying to sell. We are on our third house down there being built. Luckily the builder will hold them for us as long as they can until they have to sell them, 2 have been sold and the third is under construction.....

Old 08-26-2011, 05:54 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine12 View Post
Cam34 and TNKY, November will be 3 years for us trying to sell. We are on our third house down there being built. Luckily the builder will hold them for us as long as they can until they have to sell them, 2 have been sold and the third is under construction.....
Then here's to hoping all 3 of us make it to the Grand Strand sooner than later.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:00 PM

17 posts, read 40,723 times
We are looking at moving to the area within a year. If all goes well we plan on making several trips to the area to look and get a better feel for what we need to be looking at. Right now the schools is my top concern at this time.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:13 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,457,963 times
My family might be moving from PA to Myrtle Beach area as well. Not 100% sure yet, we are going to be moving to SC and narrowed it down to Mt. Pleasant or Johns Island in Charleston, or MB(surrounding areas).

I have been to Charleston recently to look around but wife is really preferring MB, so we are going to stop for a day or 2 in November and check out some neighborhoods. We have been there a few times but never in a 'lets move here' mindframe.

It will probably come down to where she can find the best job though, and she needs to be licensed in the state we move so thats why we picked SC...there are the most options that we like, Charleston and MB are the top 2 but even Beaufort area or if all 3 fail, Columbia would be easy for her to find a job.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:40 PM

96 posts, read 168,717 times
Just found this thread....We SOLD our home in NJ (in 3 weeks!!!) and are visiting Myrtle now to look for a long term rental...we are renting in NJ while we look and I'm am anxious to move down. We are looking in the North Myrtle (cherry grove area) or Little River....if anyone has any ideas please let me know. 3BR/2B w/ a garage (if possible)...of course close to beach would be nice.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM

108 posts, read 227,443 times
We just built 3 BR, 2 BA with garage in Little River at Lafayette Park. Moving down November 28th. (Sold our house in one day due to agressive pricing (and a husband who is a realtor))! Houses like this are all over the place so you just have to decide which community you want to live in. We are about 3 miles from the Beach. Other nice areas in Little River are RIver Hills and Hidden Lakes - although houses are a tad older. But both are nice communities in Little River.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area