Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 06:31 AM

99 posts, read 141,306 times

Advertisements

Currently live in Mass. Is it so hot living in mb in the summer that many people go north like in Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 08:55 AM

132 posts, read 173,998 times
Hi , From Mass too and own in Myrtle Beach. Its hot in the summer here for sure. But my favorite part of South Carolina is the weather. We go back and forth but we don't leave MB in the summer. I enjoy it, your pool will actually warm up ( unlike Mass) and the ocean reaches a nice 84 degrees.
That said you do anything outdoors either early or late in the day to avoid the scorching heat.
Hope that helps!

Old 08-04-2016, 12:54 PM

790 posts, read 1,619,379 times
Take the 2 hottest weeks in Mass in the summer. That's the way it is in MB from June to the end of August. If you can deal with that, then you're good. If not, reconsider your plans.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:27 AM

285 posts, read 638,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY12 View Post
Currently live in Mass. Is it so hot living in mb in the summer that many people go north like in Florida?
Actually yes and no, LOL. Yes it gets hot here in the summer mid-June to late-August. However, unlike Florida where it seems like 40-50% are snowbirds and head back north for the summer, in Myrtle Beach summer is the peak season for people and it is rather quiet in the winter.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:18 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKY12 View Post
The temps are usually in the 80's but, the humidity is in the 60's

Old 08-08-2016, 04:01 PM

161 posts, read 237,682 times
Default Heat/Cold

Yes, it can get very hot but the offset is that it typically does not go below freezing and if it does it does not last long as a rule.

As it would be with the winter in Massachusetts (lived there twice) or any northern city, if it gets too cold you can stay inside...and the same in MB in the summer, if it's too hot and you don't have to go out you can stay inside.

We actually were looking at southern Ohio Cincinnati) and MB and found the average July temp in both was 88 but the humidity in MB much higher. However, January/February temps favored MB by at least 25+ degrees.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,720 times
I'm from Europe and find the summers in Myrtle Beach hot and try to get away for a few weeks but it's not unbearable warm. Mostly I just stay inside unless I have to go out. However, it is not so hot that you cannot go out in the morning or the evening - it is pleasant then. I once lived in Oklahoma and it would not get cool in the evening or morning on hot summer days and that I found hard.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:34 AM

161 posts, read 237,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
I'm from Europe and find the summers in Myrtle Beach hot and try to get away for a few weeks but it's not unbearable warm. Mostly I just stay inside unless I have to go out. However, it is not so hot that you cannot go out in the morning or the evening - it is pleasant then. I once lived in Oklahoma and it would not get cool in the evening or morning on hot summer days and that I found hard.
Good points...I golf (not a lot) but always do so in the morning no avoid the heat...then again, I played a round on December 22nd last year....probably can't do that in Massachusetts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: