Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 10:23 PM

7 posts, read 18,364 times

Advertisements

We are considering purchasing a home in Caropines or Deerfield near Surfside. We would appreciate any information about these developments including flooding, crime, or any other issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 02:15 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,130,859 times
Hi Zelpha, are you in the area or have visited Deerfield? Never been to Caropines, but when house hunting we looked in Deerfield. I thought Deerfield would be great, but wasn't a fan when we drove through there. Roads were in poor shape and there are several speed bumps. Another thing about Deerfield is that the Golf course it was built on went out of business long ago. A developer has bought the course and will be building new homes on it.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:19 PM

7 posts, read 18,364 times
Default Surfside Versus Myrtle Beach

Not in the area but moving there from the NE soon. Gotta love Zillow. :-) The North Myrtle Beach area and Little River seem more congested than Surfisde. New developments everywhere. Two different vibes. We were trying to get a feel for the established neighborhoods in Surfside. Thanks for the info btw.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:18 AM

132 posts, read 174,528 times
My house is for sale, look in Surfside Beach Club. As to Deerfield, do yourself a BIG favor and see it in person. Theres a reason its cheap. Same for Caropines. Older homes, some being well kept...others not so much. Lack of HOA is huge in area. I understand that there is like 3 or more different ones in Deerfield? I'm sure eventually it will rebound cause its close to the beach but who knows how long that will be??? So many better places you could buy ( in my opinion )

Old 04-17-2018, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 10,991 times
Hi, Zelpha! The Deerfield community in Surfside will give you more bang for your buck so to speak. It is an older community with large lots and it is close to the beach. I have some friends that live in Deerfield and they love it. There were 2 golf courses within this subdivision several years ago but have closed. Just recently a developer is planning to build homes where the golf course was located which will definitely increase the value of the present properties. Also, Caropines is another older community where you get can larger lots but these seldom come on the market. We do have some great communities/subdivisons in the Garden City/Murrells Inlet areas as well. I have shown and sold lots of properties in the areas that you are interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area