Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,828,334 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have a good recommendation for temporary on-site storage units? It seems that www.unitsstorage.com has closed their MB location. We priced www.pods.com, but their rates are godawful, bordering on gouging. I guess you can do that if you're the only game in town. If you know of an alternative, I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 06:30 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,045 times
PawleysDude,

I don't have any first hand knowledge of any I am just a "google-aholic" and the map shows one 544. Maybe someone will know something about them.

Go Mini's Portable Storage
Myrtle Beach, SC
843-215-6464
www.needagomini.com

Old 02-09-2010, 07:56 PM

Thanks, neecewh. Your Googling skills are obviously advanced. I searched repeatedly but couldn't come up with anything but the two big ones. I'm calling them tomorrow am; I'll let you know what they say. BTW, the forum didn't want me to rep ya'. I guess you're not supposed to be helpful too often!
Thanks again
~PD~

Old 02-09-2010, 09:13 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,892 times
PD-
Go Mini's is just inland from Big Block Road.. just as a point of reference.. between BBR and American Athletic Club.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:43 AM

No problem PD. I hope they have better prices for you then PODS. We looked into PODS when moving down here and they were so outrageous we decided it was more cost-effective to sell everything and just come with what fit in the van. I will be curious to see if this one is any better.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:27 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,027 posts, read 6,544,694 times
If you don't mind me asking, how expensive were the full size PODS? There is a house around the courner (in NJ) where they moved in over a month ago and have had a POD sitting in their driveway the whole time. Wonder what it is costing them just sitting there?

Also I would be interested in other prices you are able to get. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
we decided it was more cost-effective to sell everything and just come with what fit in the van...
LOL! Sounds like my wife's approach. I definitely appreciate the nod toward this company. Looks like it will save us at least $50. We don't need it for a couple weeks, yet. I'll let you know how it works out.

rrufast - Thanks, I think I know where you're talking about. I think we're going to ride by there and take a look at what they have.

tmozer - Price depends upon the unit size and whether you want them to move it, store it, or just leave it at your location. PODS wants about $250 for 1 month storage at our location for a 12' unit. That includes delivery, pick-up, and taxes. Extra months are cheaper. They have bigger and smaller units, but don't know how the price varies. I imagine prices also vary by location, but I don't know that for sure.

Last edited by PawleysDude; 02-10-2010 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: dumb spell checker

Old 02-10-2010, 03:16 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
BTW, the forum didn't want me to rep ya'. I guess you're not supposed to be helpful too often!
I repped neecewh for you.

I know I tried to rep someone earlier and it said I had to "spread it around" a bit more. I haven't repped anyone in months, and then just now I was able to rep this time.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM

Thanks Dawne! I appreciate it. I have the same problem all the time. Many of the same people help me over and over (thank you all by the way) and it will only let me rep once
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: